Sponsored

Worst experience with a brand new car! NY dealership Eastchester CJDR is a joke!

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
So just to rant and help some people out who are considering buying a jeep in the nyc area. Stay far away from eastchester Cjdr! Absolute worst service I’ve ever had! No calls for updates. Customer care can not reach them so much they ask me what’s going on with my car!

So here’s an edit as to what’s going on for response purpose. This is strictly for jeeps response to what they allow.

2018 Jeep Wrangler jl sport bought in June2019 brand new.

first issue. Ess went same day I drove it off the lot. Which came back on and I ignored all this time.

second issue was the driver side mirror would fold in by itself litte by little each bump.

Third issue. The seat frame rails both passenger and driver came apart while driving. Upon bringing it to jeep the wait time was about 2 weeks. Then at 2 weeks they could not get the seat into place. Questioned the frame integrity. Took a 3D scan of the car to see if it was hit and they could not prove it. Then upon replacing the parts ripped the passenger seat at about 3 weeks out. Then to there surprise couldn’t get the seat back into place and took an outside master tech to realise they stripped the seat mount a week later. At week 5 found out that the seat still did not function properly and would jam. And at week 7 said it was replaced to find out the latch to allow someone into the rear was broken as well, all in the mean time I got updates when I would call the dealer who also would put me on hold multiple times never to return, say they’d call back never to get that call, so bad that my own case worker could not reach them and had to ask me for updates on a vehicle there servicing. And all the sudden I mention at week 10 that if the vehicle is not complete by the end of the week I will be getting lawyers involved for there lack of customer support and lack of ability to repair they mention a buy back case is indeed involved and being consider if they can not fix the issue.
So the reason I post this is not to be a whiny little bi**h. It is to see if a jeep rep of some sort can actually explain in detail how something like this is allowed. That a dealer can ignore you. Completly treat you like you don’t matter and then put you in a Nissan Versa that drives smoother then any of the cars they make! Cause the compass I got slams into 1st gear and I’m amazed people still buy these things.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
What would be so bad about letting them buy it back?

OP
OP
Kidcia

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
What would be so bad about letting them buy it back?
They can have it. That piece of junk. The piece of junk rental compass Thats brand new and slams into 1 st gear and doesn’t engine break at all, they can have it back too. Im just hoping jeep sees this and has a better answer. There just a joke to me. I hope they buy it back I hope they close that dealership. I loved my jeep. Till this very experience with jeep.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not even sure what that was about??? Bad seat frames? And they were offering to buy back a 3 yr old jeep??

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
They can have it. That piece of junk. The piece of junk rental compass Thats brand new and slams into 1 st gear and doesn’t engine break at all, they can have it back too. Im just hoping jeep sees this and has a better answer. There just a joke to me. I hope they buy it back I hope they close that dealership. I loved my jeep. Till this very experience with jeep.
I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to drive around a Compass too. Sorry man.

OP
OP
Kidcia

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I'm not even sure what that was about??? Bad seat frames? And they were offering to buy back a 3 yr old jeep??
This isn’t more for the jeepers who buy them and are subject to horrible service for there poor choice of vehicle but More for an actual response from a jeep rep. And a fair warning to people in my area who are also dealing with this dealership. Basically It’s about a 3 year old jeep yes. But also it had 11 miles on it June 2019. And the buy back reason is for seat frames that even brand new parts can’t seem to fix because Chrysler and there products belong in the trash and not on the road.
There’s a long list of repairs and attempts and no answers as to why jeep made a car that needs to be bought back due to defect and multiple failed attempts. Idk about anyone else but you spend money on brand new car for longevity not problems. And jeep has no answer. The buy back is not an issue. The way it’s handled and the lack of support for there customers are. And that’s what it’s about. Maybe getting an answer that supports the nonsense on here from someone who may know a better route if it’s not bought back

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
hmm...Im having trouble following along. The seat rail broke and they couldnt fix? They gave you a rental that also had its own set of issues. The Jeep wonder tech walked around for days and didnt help. The dealership in NY was no help and all Jeeps belong in the trash as a result?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kidcia

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Is it just me, or is this more of a problem with that specific dealership, rather than FCA itself?
Neither have answers. And that is my problem.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Heck I am generally pretty onrey when it comes to vehicle stuff but even I am having trouble with the trouble here...

My guess is they could not fix the issue after several attempts and a certain number of days in the shop so it qualifies for a lemon law buyback and they have offered that to you but you are mad anyway. Am I close?

So....
#1, MOST dealer service departments suck, doesn't matter the brand or location.
#2 They have offered to resolve it with finality, in your favor... take them up on it, move on
#3 Doesn't sound like they were too bad beyond somewhat incompetent (see #!), at least they gave you something to drive.
#4 ALL brands have production issues from time to time, not unique to Jeep in any way
#5 Millions of happy owners probably feel somewhat bad for you but can see it has been handled

Thanks for the cool thread though!

OP
OP
Kidcia

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
hmm...Im having trouble following along. The seat rail broke and they couldnt fix? They gave you a rental that also had its own set of issues. The Jeep wonder tech walked around for days and didnt help. The dealership in NY was no help and all Jeeps belong in the trash as a result?
Couldn’t be said better! Im 0 for 2 over here.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Neither have answers. And that is my problem.
I'm with the earlier poster who says that the problem is with the dealership handling it. Has FCA suggested that you try another dealership?
Sponsored

Reactions: VNT