Clubs

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I really don't know what Jeep was thinking with the Wagoneer. The type of folks who are willing to drop 140k on a car are usually not going to be spending that on a Jeep. It's a Jeep, not a luxury brand.
I read that dealers in the US routinely offering almost 40k discount to get someone to buy it.
What sucks is that flops like the wagoneer get spread across the entire fleet, so they increase the price of everything to cover the losses.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I really don't know what Jeep was thinking with the Wagoneer. The type of folks who are willing to drop 140k on a car are usually not going to be spending that on a Jeep. It's a Jeep, not a luxury brand.
I read that dealers in the US routinely offering almost 40k discount to get someone to buy it.
What sucks is that flops like the wagoneer get spread across the entire fleet, so they increase the price of everything to cover the losses.
Don’t know if that is true. I have two friends with Wagoneers that had no issue dropping 100K+ on that vehicle, and they love it. I’d have to say riding in them was 100% on par with the Escalade I had.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Jeep has been moving up market as an alternative to other lux brands. I think they have the heritage and product line to do so. However, their dealer network is a drag on brand repositioning.

Before I bought my 392, I had a Grand Cherokee and I crossed shopped BMW X5, Land Rover, etc. I found the Grand Cherokee to be a far better value than the lux brands and didn't give up any of the "lux" except around some of the margins in the car. however, the dealer experience is a solid reminder that Jeep isn't a lux brand (yet).

The Wagoneer interior looks great but there is something off with the exterior design imho - passenger doors or something look too big and too long. The Wagoneer is probably an Escalade or Yukon alternative. If I were in the market for a behemoth sized SUV, I'd probably lean towards the Escalade as I think it looks better exterior wise.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
We have a Wagoneer, not a Grand Wagoneer. $80k vs $105k. I did not know there was a version at $140k, or even close.

5.7 V8, my wife's somewhat daily driver. It's a great road vehicle.

Not sold on electric yet, if at all. I can't think of a situation we have where it would fulfill our needs while making any sense in the cost vs money saved on fuel.

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Most of the people that can afford these vehicles have no clue what the average American can afford to pay for a vehicle let a lone gas, and repairs. It's craziness but this is what we the people wanted.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I take back my snark about the so-called Wagoneer S and allusions to the porkiness of the Wagoneer series. Now I am just confused.

The Wagoneer S looks more like it should have been called Cherokee S given the size of the vehicle.

The roof of the Wagoneer S is lower than the shoulder height of YouTube presenter Tommy Mica.

Compare that to Derek Jeter’s shoulder height relative to the Grand Wagoneer.

IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2421.png

KCSgtMaj

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY24 Rubicon Unlimited, 3.6L
Occupation
Retired Marine, Master Plumber

Sponsored

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Jeep has been moving up market as an alternative to other lux brands. I think they have the heritage and product line to do so. However, their dealer network is a drag on brand repositioning.

Before I bought my 392, I had a Grand Cherokee and I crossed shopped BMW X5, Land Rover, etc. I found the Grand Cherokee to be a far better value than the lux brands and didn't give up any of the "lux" except around some of the margins in the car. however, the dealer experience is a solid reminder that Jeep isn't a lux brand (yet).

The Wagoneer interior looks great but there is something off with the exterior design imho - passenger doors or something look too big and too long. The Wagoneer is probably an Escalade or Yukon alternative. If I were in the market for a behemoth sized SUV, I'd probably lean towards the Escalade as I think it looks better exterior wise.

I'm currently in a long term rental Grand Wagoneer L Obsidian and love it. The interior is awesome and the console cooler is a nice touch.

That said it doesn't feel 90 HP more than a Wagoneer.

FWIW the window sticker is 110K and I would probably pick it over a similarly priced Escalade. IMO the Denali is the best value in this segment.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
Why do they keep using the Wagoneer name for different vehicles. It's like the bronco and baby bronco, or mustang and electric mustang.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can't imagine this will be a very popular vehicle.

Seems kind of like something Jeep came up with just so they could inch a little closer to their EV goal/mandate, not something they actually really plan to sell very many of.

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep has just revealed the Jeep Wagoneer S Trailhawk Concept together with the 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S EV Launch Edition. Check out all the specs, photos and videos at WagoneersEVforum.

Direct links:
Jeep Wagoneer S Trailhawk With 4xe Capability Concept
2024 Jeep Wagoneer S EV World Debut

* create/copy an account at WagoneersEVforum with just 1-click at your account copy menu ✅
Some coolness here with the Trailhawk version of the Wagoneer but too big, too complex, too heavy and too expensive. If it had a Jeep Trail Rated badge I would be a bit more impressed. A Jeep EV is going to get that badge one day. I have watched the EVs on the Pikes Peak Hillclimb and have been very impressed over the years. Their offroad day is coming.
Sponsored