Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Background:

JLU Sahara bought new in August
Swapped out to 8.4" radio about a month later
Registered Sirius and Travel Link no problem. Transferred trial and all...
XM All Access good for 1 yr, TRavel Link/Traffic good for 5 yrs..
All was well.
Until....today when, out of the blue I get "Subscription Updated" message and lose everything
Look at my Sirius account online, (I have two vehicles on same account), Jeep is gone completely. WTF...
Called Sirius. They were clueless. CLUELESS. Came back finally with "this was activated as a demo" whatever that is....
They were able to reactivate XM All Access, but with only a 3 month trial.
Travel-Link - they told me "this radio is not equipped with Infotainment services", Huh? "But I was using this morning?"
"That service has to be turned on at the dealer" Don't know what they were talking about,
Other than dealer would have to update some kind of Mopar database to say that my vehicle is equipped with infotainment...
Something I'm sure they want do or will cost more money than I am willing to spend...

I have every confidence this is not the last of these problems....
Sponsored

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
Sirius is hit/miss for who you talk to when you call them for stuff like this, or any changes to your Sirius account, for that matter. I'd call again, see if the customer service person will do what you want this time. Time to involve the dealer if it doesn't work the second or third time. EDIT: If you have it somewhere, when you call have the original Sirius radio ID available, and the new radio's Sirius ID.

A few months after buying our 2012 Wrangler, I pulled the basic radio and installed a RHB (RH something) Nav radio. All I had to do was call Sirius and give them the new Sirius Radio ID to use the trials. I called Sirius about re-activating the radio in my F-150 the week after we got our current Wrangler. That person was a dick, wanting to charge me some huge amount. Lo & behold, I got an email from them a few days ago, wanting me to reactivate the truck, giving me a price I can live with.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Registered is not specific enough to really answer the question. However, if you call them prior to making the change they can work with you to perform the transition. If you did it online that's the issue. I always follow up with them after making any online changes.
Sponsored