First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I did the trailer queen for years. Finally got tired of it, never a Jeep guy, but bit the bullet and got one. It’s taken a lot of restraint but I constantly have to remind myself to not go tons and stay in the 37/38 tire size option. I like driving to and from the trail head now. The trailer queen has been on the back burner for a few years for I’m getting the bug to start wheeling the crazy stuff again so going to start wrenching on it again soon. :devil: That’ll also keep me from overbuilding the JL.
Yeah I’ve got a mental disease that causes me want to do all the hardest shit everywhere I go. I am extremely fortunate to not have had a single trail breakage on the Jeep in the last 4 years because I wasn’t easy on this thing. It’s a huge boost to my peace of mind knowing that if something bad does happen, I’m still gonna make it home.

obviously it’s a big financial step to have a truck and trailer for your dedicated trail Jeep, but we get around it. The wife DDs the F250 and I DD a deleted/tuned 2012 BMW X5D. I had designs on daily driving the F250 like I did with my Ram 3500 before deployment, but the wife stole it. She was ran into by a USPS driver while she was driving our (then) new Jeep compass, and it got totaled. So she had to DD the Jeep (I sold the 3500 before deployment because they paid me more for it with 12k miles than I bought it for new) for a while. I bought the F250 used while deployed and she drove it from November until May when I got home and upon my return I learned that I didn’t have an F250, my wife did 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
WontonJLUR

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Shakedown run was a huge success. No mechanical issues, no contact between any suspension parts and frame, etc. only issue to speak of was the front tires at full stuff and full lock. They make contact with the AAL light bracket and 2 semi-circular tabs that stick off the body for mounting them. So halfway through the day, the AAL brackets got removed. It was either that or the passenger one was gonna get removed by the tire.
Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_3978

Tires performed brilliantly. I was one of 2 Jeeps that were not on sticky’s and had little issue keeping up on most things. The other JL owner is on 42” BFG Red Labels, and previously had the same 42” bias treps that I have. He said he’s upset/jealous because his didn’t work anywhere near as well for him as mine did yesterday.

PSC EHPS kit worked great. Bit of steering wheel effort when locked and tires are jammed up against something, but it’ll still turn.

Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_4024
Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_4018
Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_4017

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3990.jpeg

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I see you made it in to Sam’s video, Jeep looked good. Hopefully see you on the trails

OP
OP
WontonJLUR

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Been a while since this has been updated. Several wheeling trips since the last update, Jeep has been flawless so far.

Shop construction finished up and got a permanent spot to store the top and doors.
Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5496

My scabbed together taillight finally failed, forcing me to order some corner armor. I liked the smooth contours of the Genright corners the best. I’m generally a fan of Motobilt products, but I don’t like how patchwork it looks around the taillight and the fact that the armor doesn’t actually cover the entire rear section.
Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5602

Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5603

Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5605

Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5612

Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5609
Very happy with how they turned out, and now the Jeep finally has working taillights so I can drive it around town!

Also got around to installing the BW turnover all in the truck in preps for hauling 2 Jeeps out to King of the Hammers in just over 2 weeks.
Jeep Wrangler JL WonTon JLUR Build on 42's IMG_5597

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I ended up with next venture corners so i could use the flush oracle or other lights. Easy to replace. They wrap around.

And I've scratched both sides already..

I like your setup!

OP
OP
WontonJLUR

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ended up with next venture corners so i could use the flush oracle or other lights. Easy to replace. They wrap around.

And I've scratched both sides already..

I like your setup!
thanks! I looked at those as well, and entertained the oracle lights, but ultimately felt like the lights had better protection in the GR corners. These lights are easy to replace if I do somehow damage them. Can’t really go wrong with any of the options, as long as you’re getting rid of those protrusive stock lights!

Totally not worried about scratches. At this point I don’t think there are any body panels in this Jeep without dents :LOL:

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Same. I've tipped mine over in sand hollow and bash it constantly.

Did you resolve your brake issues?

I bled my Fusion 14b setup its ok. A little squashy. I've been thinking about the abs bleed procedure. Did that help?

OP
OP
WontonJLUR

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Same. I've tipped mine over in sand hollow and bash it constantly.

Did you resolve your brake issues?

I bled my Fusion 14b setup its ok. A little squashy. I've been thinking about the abs bleed procedure. Did that help?
Yeah it helped a good bit. I could probably afford to do another round of bleeding to be honest, but they work well enough.

Before the bleed they straight didn’t work. I couldn’t keep the Jeep stopped in 4L and drive at idle.

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Considering making the bump myself now that it is offered in a 17" wheel by MT. How has the freeway/highway driving been with the 3.6? I'm assuming you are on 5.38 gears?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WontonJLUR

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Considering making the bump myself now that it is offered in a 17" wheel by MT. How has the freeway/highway driving been with the 3.6? I'm assuming you are on 5.38 gears?
Yeah 5.38s. No issues at all on the highway. I very rarely take it out but it’ll hold 70-75 without drama. It’d be even better with a radial. The first 5 mins of every drive in the Jeep is bumpy as hell while working out the flat spots in the bias tire 😂

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Yeah 5.38s. No issues at all on the highway. I very rarely take it out but it’ll hold 70-75 without drama. It’d be even better with a radial. The first 5 mins of every drive in the Jeep is bumpy as hell while working out the flat spots in the bias tire 😂
Thanks for the feedback. Are you on 69 and 1/2 axles and 3.5 BS wheels or are you running wider axles?

OP
OP
WontonJLUR

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I get 7mpg with my MT 40s with 538 and 3.6 plus it rarely goes into 8th. So yeah.
Dont expect a long distance grand touring setup.

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This is an awesome build congrats man. Fusion tons are in my future as well. I remember Dan since his jk-forum/jkowners days before he opened his shop. We exchanged pms regarding a couple things and met him on the trail at rausch a while back. Stand up guy. I have no hesitation using his company for my build as soon as we buy our house in a couple years
Sponsored