Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
TLDR:
It's jealousy and lunch bag let down ...
They're all like "Man, that lucky dog ... I wish my wife would do that then I wouldn't have to drive all friggin' day!" ... LOL
Sponsored

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
As it concerns new shooters, the best students tend to be 14 year old girls. They don't know how to miss.

As for the absolutist assertion that they're "actually...better shooters", over the long run? No. Both sexes have an equal chance of excelling in their individual shooting disciplines (small bore, trap, etc.) based on a blend of natural talent and one's willingness to put the work in.

To say that 50% of the population naturally fumbles trigger control isn't defensible. E.g., the prevailing composition of infantry battalions, or more precisely, rifle companies, isn't accidental.
This was almost 6 years ago. I am exponentially faster and more accurate. Mostly because I wasn’t embarrassed to ask for help and learn from my mistakes. Most of the guys starting out with me haven’t improved much because they let their pride get in the way of asking for help.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I haven’t gotten a single Jeep wave from a female. I have gotten enough nose in the air, got your nerve looks to wonder if they think we’re flirting.🤷🏼‍♂️ Edit— is it because they think this old guy is flirting, I can’t shave ~35 years to test the theory 🤔

Last edited:

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Curious if any ladies have experienced discrimination on the trail before? My family is currently up in Colorado running some beautiful mountain trails, and we have noticed whenever my wife is driving when male jeepers pass in the opposite direction, their smiles quickly give way to almost a scowl when they see she is in the drivers seat. When I am driving, smiles all the way. I didn't believe her but paying attention today I was almost in shock how many men looked down at her after realizing she was female! She is a great driver and very friendly so I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would have thought the typical "Jeep Chick" would garner a little more respect while out on the trail.
I have only noticed that women Jeep drivers tend not to participate in the Jeep Wave. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Most women, I pass, don't reply, when I give them the peace sign, they think I'm making a pass,

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Curious if any ladies have experienced discrimination on the trail before? My family is currently up in Colorado running some beautiful mountain trails, and we have noticed whenever my wife is driving when male jeepers pass in the opposite direction, their smiles quickly give way to almost a scowl when they see she is in the drivers seat. When I am driving, smiles all the way. I didn't believe her but paying attention today I was almost in shock how many men looked down at her after realizing she was female! She is a great driver and very friendly so I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would have thought the typical "Jeep Chick" would garner a little more respect while out on the trail.
This has never happened and seems so”out there” that it almost seems made up.
A few people don’t smile at your wife and now we have discrimination in the jeep world!?!

Flor1

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 jlu
If a woman doesn wave I just in a hurry to get home to clean the house and cook dinner.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The "women Jeepers tend not to wave" posts are interesting. I've said here before that distaff Wrangler drivers are, in my experience, a bit more likely to initiate or return a wave than are the men. My "wave" is nothing more than the peace sign, held up while the rest of my hand holds the steering wheel. Nothing flashy, nor really open to misinterpretation.

One of the most enthusiast waves I've received was from the woman who returned my through-the-roof wave with one of her own (we both had the soft tops in the Sunrider position.)

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
Let me ask a question. Do you wave with the expectation that you will get a wave back? Or do you wave because you are part or a much larger community.

I wave at all Jeeps I pass. Whether they wave back is on them. Gender does not matter. Age does not matter. Don't overthink this. You want to wave, then wave. How the person perceives it is again on them.

I say wave and leave it at that.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Xtina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL willys, 2021 willys sold
Maybe they aren't scowls but more a confused "wow a woman is driving. Wasn't expecting that". Never had issues where I am

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
TLDR:
It's jealousy and lunch bag let down ...
They're all like "Man, that lucky dog ... I wish my wife would do that then I wouldn't have to drive all friggin' day!" ... LOL
Living the life! :rock:

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
I have only noticed that women Jeep drivers tend not to participate in the Jeep Wave. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wave at every Wrangler, I even wave at Broncos(makes them feel special), and I get far more return waves from women than men. I find I get more snubs from men in TJs than anything else.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I wave at every Wrangler, I even wave at Broncos(makes them feel special), and I get far more return waves from women than men. I find I get more snubs from men in TJs than anything else.
Gotta agree about the guys driving TJs. They probably think I’m driving a school bus and don’t deserve a wave lol

or maybe they’re just bad at recognizing Jeeps
Sponsored

Reactions: gek