Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There are men out there that are just dicks. My wife can out wheel probably 98% of the Guys that own Jeeps. She has probably wheeled more than most men on this forum. She would tell you that she has had some negative contact with other men that Jeep. With that said, she will tell you in the next breath that it is very rare that she has to deal with stupid men while in the Jeep most are very cool and positive about girls Jeeping and that it makes a girl instantly cooler when they are Jeep girls.

She worked in a prison for 25 years. Those stupid men, she straight up clowns them. One of my favorite stories about her with the Jeep that she told me is one day she had the Jeep and comes out of the store to get in the Jeep and a dude was looking at our Jeep. He smirked and said you did Pritchett Canyon? As if he didn't believe her. She told him, why don't you lay on the ground and climb under the Jeep and take a look at the skid plates, while I pull up a 100 or so pics from Pritchett Canyon if you want some proof. He immediately knew he had been clowned as she locked eyes with him.

I say well played. Carla.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm old. I spent a lot of years on the trail....on horseback. That activity is dominated by women. And it's a hell of a lot tougher in about every way than jeeping.

Sure, I had my prejudices. But you get over that crap pretty quick when you see someone do what you can't. Some guys can't get past it. Those are the guys doing things because they think it makes them more masculine. Let me guess, they have a huge collection of AR-15s and Glocks, which they play with like 6 year old girls playing with dolls (sorry for the analogy), and play some kind of shoot em up video game incessantly. When a woman is perceived to have invaded their chestbeating activities, it diminishes their masculinity and they hate it. How far off am I ?

On the other hand, as someone quipped, don't be so sensitive. They'll be arseholes in your path throughout your life. Move past them. "these are not the droids you're looking for ... move along"

Last edited:

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Also, tempting as it is, try not to jump to conclusions. Did more people scowl at your wife? Sure. Do you know with 100% certainty that it's because she's a woman, or is that just an assumption you both arrived at?

Thinking this way can lead you down a whole path of fallacies (see: This thread title). Now, because you identified this trend, you're going to be more aware of it and look for it more often (confirmation bias), which is just going to reinforce the potentially fallacious conclusion you came to.

There's a line from the game Destiny that I always loved: "When we guess at others' motivations, we often reveal only our own."

Just treat people as individuals; it's much simpler and more likely to be true.

Last edited:

AngieGal816

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1948 Willys, 22 Rubicon XR, 23 Willys XR ordered
All. The. Time. I'm the Jeeper in family. All Jeeps are owned by me and worked on by me. Hubs helps when I need muscle as being a cancer survivor and having severe RA, I don't have the strength like I use too. There are a lot of men that are in disbelief that a woman not only drives the Jeeps but works on them too. Seriously, what's the big deal? I have the same issue with men when it comes to hunting, too. :facepalm: 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
All. The. Time. I'm the Jeeper in family. All Jeeps are owned by me and worked on by me. Hubs helps when I need muscle as being a cancer survivor and having severe RA, I don't have the strength like I use too. There are a lot of men that are in disbelief that a woman not only drives the Jeeps but works on them too. Seriously, what's the big deal? I have the same issue with men when it comes to hunting, too. :facepalm: 🤷‍♀️
Reminds me that I hunted with a 70+ year old lady a few years ago. She was a great upland bird hunter and could hike hard enough that I was struggling to keep up.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Honestly, I love it when men are pussies about these kinds of things. It makes it easier to meet these kinds of chicks by the sheer fact that you treat them like normal people.

this is similar in vein to why I drink white claws at the bar instead of michelob ultra or whatever nasty crap the “men” drink in the Midwest; their fragile masculine COMPELS them to make some cringe comment on my white claw (I don’t really like the stuff but drink it in public purely for this purpose) it gives me an opportunity to clown their ass.

Then later that evening the back seat of the jeep gets christened once again.
Everyone back up, we got a real life "alpha male" here. 😂

I wheeled with a group two weeks ago, only me and one other male driver. All the rest were women, and let me tell you, those women had balls! Great wheelers, spotters, and just a fun group to hang with.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I'll fully admit that when it comes to women in Jeeps I treat them a little different. I've found that most women in Wranglers in my area don't tend to wave back, so I've stopped initiating waves to them.

It seems like a lot of them near me are just "Jeep girls" that think the idea of them as a 'lifestyle' vehicle is cool or they like the way it look or whatever, but that's about where it ends. I honestly doubt most of them could tell me anything more about them other than they are a "Jeep". Even the ones with pink accents or wave initiator decals.

I fully understand someone being surprised that a woman built out a Wrangler. On average, seeing a feminine and attractive woman, I wouldn't immediately think it was hers. That's not something to be offended over, just realize you're in the minority. We aren't saying you should stick to getting your nails done or you should be at a mall or doing something "girly", but unless you look super butch, we just don't typically think it's yours. When I find out something like that I'll be a bit surprised, but I'll also respect that person just that much more.

There are some women who I recognize their Wranglers and I know they wave, so I will wave at them. Any women I see on the trail I'll take it that either A) their competent or B) they are trying just like I am and just want to have fun. I wouldn't (and haven't) treat anyone on the trail different unless they were just being stupid and dangerous, but that has nothing to do with gender.

Maybe the guys are tyring not to stare at your wife? I've noticed a lot of the women on the trail are pretty hot and have to actively not try to look like a creep and stare at them lol. I'm a younger guy and been single for a while so seeing a pretty girl, especially doing something I like, it's a bit hard not to stare and appreciate her a little longer.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Also, tempting as it is, try not to jump to conclusions. Did more people scowl at your wife? Sure. Do you know with 100% certainty that it's because she's a woman, or is that just an assumption you both arrived at?

Thinking this way can lead you down a whole path of fallacies (see: This thread title). Now, because you identified this trend, you're going to be more aware of it and look for it more often (confirmation bias), which is just going to reinforce the potentially fallacious conclusion you came to.

There's a line from the game Destiny that I always loved: "When we guess at others' motivations, we often reveal only our own."

Just treat people as individuals; it's much simpler and more likely to be true.
Making assessments of people from the first second to the last is natural. It's a survival instinct and tends to make us draw the worst-case conclusions. But, in many cases, a few seconds of visual information about someone is not accurate. Something to keep in mind, as well.

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Seems like your making judgements that folks are disrespecting your wife based on facial expressions as they drive by. I live in Colorado and wheel with women on occasion but 95% of the time it’s a male behind the wheel so it’s possible they were just surprised.
Stop judging and wave and drive on!
I’ve gotten what appeared to be dirty/aggressive looks from others on the trail until I wave, at which point the faces turn to smiles and they wave back! I think folks are just guarded and unsure of others on the trail until someone breaks the ice with a wave and a smile ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceCase

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I find it hard to fathom that men today would scowl because she was a woman. Are you sure you weren't going the wrong way on a one way trail or something?
Round here the only one way is black Bear, and if you go the wrong way on that trail you get your ass kicked!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There's plenty of gals out there wheeling w/ bigger balls than the men, got mad respect for wheelin women, and love to see them on the trails!

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
There are men out there that are just dicks. My wife can out wheel probably 98% of the Guys that own Jeeps. She has probably wheeled more than most men on this forum. She would tell you that she has had some negative contact with other men that Jeep. With that said, she will tell you in the next breath that it is very rare that she has to deal with stupid men while in the Jeep most are very cool and positive about girls Jeeping and that it makes a girl instantly cooler when they are Jeep girls.

She worked in a prison for 25 years. Those stupid men, she straight up clowns them. One of my favorite stories about her with the Jeep that she told me is one day she had the Jeep and comes out of the store to get in the Jeep and a dude was looking at our Jeep. He smirked and said you did Pritchett Canyon? As if he didn't believe her. She told him, why don't you lay on the ground and climb under the Jeep and take a look at the skid plates, while I pull up a 100 or so pics from Pritchett Canyon if you want some proof. He immediately knew he had been clowned as she locked eyes with him.

I say well played. Carla.
men who have a problem with women jeep drivers usually are from the dark side. Stupid is what stupid does. My wife can drive just as good as me and also a stick shift. When I'm driving and doing something not really recommended she just calmly looks over at me and says, (I don't think I would do that) and she is usually right. Oh well life is just Wonderfull and too short to worry about the small stuff.

OP
OP
SpaceCase

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Wife and I discussed this as well and tried to think of any other variables that would cause the reactions we saw. Was it the end of the day for them, was it the weather, etc. It just felt really odd they would be all smiles and waving until they saw it was my wife in the drivers seat.

Oh, and to answer another post, no my wife does not practice her RBF lol :)

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
Is this even a convo ?

(My Opinion Only ) Given an equal amount of seat time, rarely are women not the better wheelers.. same reason as with most things.. they are better at feeling things.. instead of just smashing the pedal ..

People have been judging everyone since the beginning of humanity.. that's why our world sucks..

Easy way to counter.. "If they aren't on my tax return, eff their opinion"

I am too busy paying attention to the beauty of nature when my wife is driving.. it's awesome!!

not even sure why I felt compelled to post.. but I guess I was bored lol
Sponsored