Sponsored

Woman Attacks a Fellow Jeeper for "Jeep Waving" at her.. Seriously?!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've told many, if you want to fight me like a man, you will get knocked out, like a man.
You've said that to "many". How many women have threatened to physically attack you? Sounds like you even have clever warning that you've designed to deter them. :)
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
You've said that to "many". How many women have threatened to physically attack you? Sounds like you even have clever warning that you've designed to deter them. :)
28 yrs as a Police Officer, mostly in the Ghettos. And you??

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
28 yrs as a Police Officer, mostly in the Ghettos. And you??
I'm just a peaceful guy who tries to stand up for the underdog - be it women, people of color, or LGBTQ. I worked the last five years of my career at a food bank. Now I volunteer three days a week at a hospital. I'm thrilled to have been born in the best country on earth. I care about people, never thought about shooting a fellow human being, and somehow have managed to live a violence-free life. That's who I am.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I'm just a peaceful guy who tries to stand up for the underdog - be it women, people of color, or LGBTQ. I worked the last five years of my career at a food bank. Now I volunteer three days a week at a hospital. I'm thrilled to have been born in the best country on earth. I care about people, never thought about shooting a fellow human being, and somehow have managed to live a violence-free life. That's who I am.
Well, I'd have to say that when the "underdog" starts attacking others they get what they asked for.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Noble... but if a woman, person of color or LGBTQIA+++++ (or any combination of the three) were to strike someone... they're in the wrong...

You assuming she is the victim purely because she is a woman is the wrong way to think of things, especially with the level of aggression she displays when he backs off.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Noble... but if a woman, person of color or LGBTQIA+++++ (or any combination of the three) were to strike someone... they're in the wrong...

You assuming she is the victim purely because she is a woman is the wrong way to think of things, especially with the level of aggression she displays when he backs off.
And...I know that I've been overly passionate on this thread, but I have twin daughters and any aggression against women - whether they've started it or not - is off-limits in my book. If she was wielding a machete, I'd be less charitable, but she wasn't, and she didn't look like she could handle herself like Amanda Nunes.

Rant over, and I apologize for the strong pushback.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
And...I know that I've been overly passionate on this thread, but I have twin daughters and any aggression against women - whether they've started it or not - is off-limits in my book. If she was wielding a machete, I'd be less charitable, but she wasn't, and she didn't look like she could handle herself like Amanda Nunes.

Rant over, and I apologize for the strong pushback.
Your feeling are understandable, I taught my daughters never physically attack anyone and not expect a beatdown or worse, nobody should feel they are immune from the consequences of their own actions because of some trait they carry. My opinion of course.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Normally I'd be right there with you, and I don't pick on women. I am just a proponent of self defense, regardless of any form of majority or minority status. I do feel the guy showed restraint by immobilizing her weapons of choice (hands and feet) instead of bludgeoning her.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, you have managed to live a sheltered life, it seems. Unfortunately, I have not. My eyes were pried open, when I graduated from college, and moved to Houston. Now, my daughters have been taught to act like ladies, and my son to act like a gentleman, and to try never to fight, unless there is no way around it.
That woman in the video in no Lady. She is obviously the aggressor. Shame on her. But, the man was not attacking her, he looked to be restraining her. From her actions when she got up, it all looked justified.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, you have managed to live a sheltered life, it seems.
I agree.

That said, after five years at a food bank I feel like I've experienced a lot of unsheltered stuff. I suspect your LEO experiences have been more challenging (and thank you for doing it), but don't underestimate working with people suffering extreme poverty - even if you are on "their side". I have some stories too. Their desperation can play out in strange ways.

I've only been ready-for-supper hungry in my life and I can't imagine living like that every day.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANKS.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree.

That said, after five years at a food bank I feel like I've experienced a lot of unsheltered stuff. I suspect your LEO experiences have been more challenging (and thank you for doing it), but don't underestimate working with people suffering extreme poverty - even if you are on "their side". I have some stories too. Their desperation can play out in strange ways.

I've only been ready-for-supper hungry in my life and I can't imagine living like that every day.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANKS.
Poverty has less to do with how people act, for the most part. Lack of GOD, and a lack of a moral compass has the most to do with how people act. Don't buy into the, "If they only had a better job", or "If they only had a better education" excuses. Then again, some people are just "Animals", no matter where, how, and by whom they were raised.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Well, dude looks like he’s wearing a wig, so there’s that...

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
No worries Rick. We all have our points of view.
And this quote and the last one from Rick is the perfect illustration about how civilized and educated both of you are. Which wasnt maybe/ probably/ definitely (pick the right one) the case of this woman
Hat off guys . congrats for this polite exhange about sharing some differents points of view.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And...IIf she was wielding a machete, I'd be less charitable, but she wasn't, and she didn't look like she could handle herself like Amanda Nunes.
Are there no women’s MMA fans? Actually Cat Zingano is my favorite bantamweight
Sponsored