Sponsored

With Mopar Lifetime Max Care no longer available, what alternative did you go with? (Received 12/1+)

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Google Tom Winkels Hayes Jeep in MI.

Get a quote from him. He’s usually the cheapest. Many forum members have purchased factory extended warranties from him. At minimum, make your dealer match his quote.
OP call your dealership and get quotes and see what extended warranties are being offered and with that price in mind call other dealerships and see if they can beat it and even call out of state dealers too.

Also give tom a call, hes prices were really good.
Sponsored

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
As the title says, for all if you new Jeep owners, receiving your VIN or car after 12/1/18, what extended warranty did you go with?

3/36 is a great start, but with all the new electronic bells and whistles on my JLUR I am debating whether to just put $3k in an investment account for the next few years, or if there good alternatives to the MOPAR Lifetime Max Care warranty worth looking into?

Thanks!
I used to work for a Third Party Administrator (TPA) and suggest you take your $3000 and stuff it in a CD or savings account and “self insure.” You could use it but on average only 3-5 new car customers out of 10 will.

If you feel you need it for peace of mind, negotiate hard on the price. Most third party dealer warranties are close to 100% mark up (ie $3000 warranty costs the dealer $1500 to the TPA.) Dealers take the profits and put the money in offshore accounts and grow them in tax havens. New car warranties only run 30-50% loss ratios so everyone makes money from the customer.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Went with Tom Winkels. Got the Mopar 7 yr/60K Maxcare with $100 deductible plus added the Mopar 7 year tire & wheel road-hazard warranty. Saved a ton over what my dealer was wanting.

Call Tom for questions and prices. Nicest guy ever to deal with.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
None, out of all the cars i have owned only 1 gave me any real problems. Two cars in my garage, one is 16 years old and the other is 13 years old. I maintain them well and only replaced a water pump between the two.

Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Went with Tom Winkels. Got the Mopar 7 yr/60K Maxcare with $100 deductible plus added the Mopar 7 year tire & wheel road-hazard warranty. Saved a ton over what my dealer was wanting.

@Steevr how much did the 7yr plan costly itself? If you don’t mind sharing? Thx

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
As the title says, for all if you new Jeep owners, receiving your VIN or car after 12/1/18, what extended warranty did you go with?

3/36 is a great start, but with all the new electronic bells and whistles on my JLUR I am debating whether to just put $3k in an investment account for the next few years, or if there good alternatives to the MOPAR Lifetime Max Care warranty worth looking into?

Thanks!
the jeep frame will rust out at some point, I dont see the point in extended warranties, especially if you lift and go up in tires they will try to void the extended warranties anyway

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

So it added 2 years to powertrain but no additional miles allowed from the factory 5yr/60k ?

Matic

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon. 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD, DC, Pretunner
6yr/75k mile warrenty.
I'm with the OP in that with all these bells and whistles, electronics, etc... I see no problem adding a little extra ($25 per month) to the initial purchase price.

And you know....FCA and all.

I traded in a 2016 Scat Pack 6m on the Rubicon. At 25k miles, the entire 5th gear assembly, shift rail, fork and synchros took a dump.
Did I abuse the car? Not any more than what it was meant for. And not any more than I plan to abuse the Rubi.

Its peace of mind.

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
So it added 2 years to powertrain but no additional miles allowed from the factory 5yr/60k ?
It
Also bumped everything else up from the 3yr/36k.

Tom said they also have a 7yr/75k. I don’t think we’ll be putting on that many miles a year since my wife retired. Also Tom said that we have up to 4 years to decide if we to bump up the coverage. If we do, we only pay the difference between the plans.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
None. There's a reason warranties are a huge money-maker. If something major goes wrong, it's usually in the initial warranty period. Otherwise there's nothing I can't fix myself for the thousands of dollars they want for an extended warranty.
We studied auto company standard warranties in our MBA program. Accountants and marketing people determine length and coverage unless dictated by law (such as emissions coverage). Luxury makers have longer warranties to give the allusion of quality plus the purchase price they charge allows more funds to cover the extra costs. Hyundai and Kia have long warranties to overcome the perception that Korean cars are like the Japanese cars in the 70s and 80s, cheap. VW increased their warranty recently to make up for their emissions cheating. Since FCA just paid a big fine for the same thing maybe they will increase the standard warranty soon, just after all of us get our JLs and not qualify. Since part of the big increase in base price and shipping cost for JLs recently may be FCA prepping for having to pay the $500 million fine they should give us a lifetime warranty for free. No company really pays taxes or fines, we do.

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Just bought my JLUR and got unlimited mile warranty 7 years

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Just bought my JLUR and got unlimited mile warranty 7 years
You almost surely didn't get Mopar MaxCare with unlimited miles - you better check your paperwork, you might have gotten some kind of dealership special.

[Edit: Apparently you can still get unlimited miles, just not unlimited years. Ignore the above!]

Last edited:

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You almost surely didn't get Mopar MaxCare with unlimited miles - you better check your paperwork, you might have gotten some kind of dealership special.
The FCA Mopar MaxCare policy does have options for 5, 6, or 7 years with unlimited miles...

IMG_0575.PNG
Sponsored