Wish List for Jeep brand

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Really? I’d love to see a post that they responded to! In the 6 months I’ve been on here, I havent seen one response by Jeep in any thread. Maybe I just haven’t been on those threads.
“Kate” (the one who’s the current active representative on this forum) has made some passive aggressive comments towards me, a couple very recently...
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’m happy to be alive. While I’m going through a stressful situation, I’m still counting my blessings. Oh and I love my Jeep too. Cheers!

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
As others have stated a whole plethora of things they dislike about the Jeeps and would like to have fixed going forward, one really sticks out to me that I agree with: remove the fold down windshield function/capability.

Yes, I know, so many people bitched and moaned that this was rumored to go away for the JLs as it is heritage and part of what makes a Jeep a jeep….but let’s be honest, how many of us ever put the windshield down? Friggin never. The only folks I ever see drop their front glass are the badasses wheeling old Willys Jeeps.

Also someone stated that it’s 2022…other brands have auto sensing and cruise control and lane departure assist and will damn near bake you a cake even on their base models (thinking of Toyota specifically). Why we can’t get at least power windows and locks, standard, is beyond me. Yes, it adds weight to the doors, and people take them off a lot but again, let’s be honest, how many people really do this frequently enough for this to be a problem? “I don’t like having dead switches in my Jeep, I have the doors off all the time!” Okay, sure, then maybe Jeep could figure out a way to make the switch aspect of it be changed to operate as AUX switches too, idk. Point is, it’s silly that we should have to upgrade from a Sport/Willys Sport to a Sport S/Willys Sport S to get power windows and locks. It’s a difference of $3K if memory serves me right. Which, yes, grand scheme of things, not that much money, but it’s a little ridiculous that to get power windows and locks on a JLU you’ve got to pay $47K+ When a base model Corolla L has all the creature comforts, auto assist everything, and like I said earlier, practically bakes you a cake … all for a measly $19K or so bucks (yes, brand new).

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk…er, Rant

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
As others have stated a whole plethora of things they dislike about the Jeeps and would like to have fixed going forward, one really sticks out to me that I agree with: remove the fold down windshield function/capability.

Yes, I know, so many people bitched and moaned that this was rumored to go away for the JLs as it is heritage and part of what makes a Jeep a jeep….but let’s be honest, how many of us ever put the windshield down? Friggin never. The only folks I ever see drop their front glass are the badasses wheeling old Willys Jeeps.

Also someone stated that it’s 2022…other brands have auto sensing and cruise control and lane departure assist and will damn near bake you a cake even on their base models (thinking of Toyota specifically). Why we can’t get at least power windows and locks, standard, is beyond me. Yes, it adds weight to the doors, and people take them off a lot but again, let’s be honest, how many people really do this frequently enough for this to be a problem? “I don’t like having dead switches in my Jeep, I have the doors off all the time!” Okay, sure, then maybe Jeep could figure out a way to make the switch aspect of it be changed to operate as AUX switches too, idk. Point is, it’s silly that we should have to upgrade from a Sport/Willys Sport to a Sport S/Willys Sport S to get power windows and locks. It’s a difference of $3K if memory serves me right. Which, yes, grand scheme of things, not that much money, but it’s a little ridiculous that to get power windows and locks on a JLU you’ve got to pay $47K+ When a base model Corolla L has all the creature comforts, auto assist everything, and like I said earlier, practically bakes you a cake … all for a measly $19K or so bucks (yes, brand new).

I fold the windshield down somewhat frequently around town. I also would not buy a vehicle with adaptive cruise and if I had the option to get only half doors without power windows as standard or either or option, I would have gone that route. Also for the $3k, your getting more then just power windows, you get AC if I recall.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
The main thing Jeep is lacking is acceptable dealer service departments. And that has been going on as long as I've owned Jeeps (25 years). The more people try to make the Wrangler more luxurious, the less "Jeep" it is, i.e. 3rd row seats, etc. The JL & JLU are already too big, imo. There is no need to make them bigger.
TOO BIG?!?!??! I feel like a sumo trapped in a tupperware container when I'm in mine! If it gets any smaller, I'll bust through the window, destroy the door and create a hole in the center console with my knee. Must be nice to be 4'3" 70lbs.... ;)

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
TOO BIG?!?!??! I feel like a sumo trapped in a tupperware container when I'm in mine! If it gets any smaller, I'll bust through the window, destroy the door and create a hole in the center console with my knee. Must be nice to be 4'3" 70lbs.... ;)
6'4", 210 lbs., and I fit just fine in my JLU. I also was comfortable enough in my YJ, which was positively svelte compared to the zaftig vehicle passing itself off as the current Wrangler.

Yes, if one trends toward sumo-like construction, we can understand that anything less than an F350 might feel rather cozy. ;)

Reactions: STW

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Soooo, you want any other SUV on the market? I had a commuter 2019 Accord with all this crap on it. I turned it all off. So damn annoying. They would have to change the sticker on the hood from Rubicon to Pampers.

I'd rather them put the dollars towards making the Jeep more stout. For the life of me I can't understand why people want all these nannies. I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. I do like the push button start and rearview camera. I digress.

In other news, I get surveys from Jeep all the time. This question gave me pause...

Jeep Wrangler JL Wish List for Jeep brand 1..JPG

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
6'4", 210 lbs., and I fit just fine in my JLU. I also was comfortable enough in my YJ, which was positively svelte compared to the zaftig vehicle passing itself off as the current Wrangler.

Yes, if one trends toward sumo-like construction, we can understand that anything less than an F350 might feel rather cozy. ;)
This exactly. I loved the size of my YJ & TJ. The vehicle can also be more spacious inside vs gigantic on the outside.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I put 2 of these in, cut the male plug and wired to a open hot fuse.
pretty easy and very well made. Ran it thru the grommet.
12 Volt Plugs
You've already done the work, so if a similar project comes up again, give some thought to using Powerlet connectors. They were designed with motorcyclist requirements in mind, and are much better at retaining the male/female plug connections. They're more weather-resistant, as well. Yes, this affects their pricing, but as a years-long user of the brand, I can recommend them without reservation.

We're all familiar with the smallest movement of an automotive cigarette plug causing a loss of continuity (voltage) to occur. My cousin discovered this when he lost a fair bit of venison that he was storing in an electric cooler in his car. What he thought was powered, wasn't.

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer

It's the cross width of legroom that kills me. Everything else is okay, I just can't spread my legs enough (no sexual pun intended). My right knee hits up against the inside of the center console and it seems impossible to get a position that is like, "yeah, that's comfortable." I think I just have wide hips that are at a weird angle making my legs be on crack. I'd probably be able to have babies with no pain.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It's the cross width of legroom that kills me. Everything else is okay, I just can't spread my legs enough (no sexual pun intended). My right knee hits up against the inside of the center console and it seems impossible to get a position that is like, "yeah, that's comfortable." I think I just have wide hips that are at a weird angle making my legs be on crack. I'd probably be able to have babies with no pain.
To be fair, Mike, you did touch on something that I agree with: the comparatively narrow footwells of the JL-generation Wrangler. They were also narrow on my YJ. However, that vehicle had a compact dashboard and a flatter floor. Perhaps more importantly, it wasn't encumbered with a wide, space-gobbling center console...or any console at all, unless the buyer selected the optional, dealer-installed storage box that passed for a console in those days. So, it felt airy in a way that the chubbier JL Wranglers simply can't do. Such is "progress."

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Yea, but only a lower trim F350, higher trims come with a huge, knee busting center console standard.🤨

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yea, but only a lower trim F350, higher trims come with a huge, knee busting center console standard.🤨
A family member owns a RAM 3500 Cummins with the extended crew cab. From the outside, one can imagine a truly cavernous interior. The disappointment occurs when one crawls up inside.

Yes, there's oodles of legroom for the rear seat passengers, but the forward seating is compromised by a massive dashboard and an equally large center console that could probably serve as a picnic table for the 5 folks sitting inside the truck.

Vehicles like that should be the last refuge of tall fellows like myself, but I suppose the cramped feeling I get -- via endless acres of plastic -- is an accommodation for short folks who need to feel cozy so that they don't feel lost. Thus the concurrent present of integrated sissy steps (their nickname in the trades) on high-rise tailgates.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
A family member owns a RAM 3500 Cummins with the extended crew cab. From the outside, one can imagine a truly cavernous interior. The disappointment occurs when one crawls up inside.

Yes, there's oodles of legroom for the rear seat passengers, but the forward seating is compromised by a massive dashboard and an equally large center console that could probably serve as a picnic table for the 5 folks sitting inside the truck.

Vehicles like that should be the last refuge of tall fellows like myself, but I suppose the cramped feeling I get -- via endless acres of plastic -- is an accommodation for short folks who need to feel cozy so that they don't feel lost. Thus the concurrent present of integrated sissy steps (their nickname in the trades) on high-rise tailgates.
Last time I checked the highest trim to offer a 3 passenger seat with the center flip up back rest and no huge console was XLT. While I am at it, can you get a PU with a manual shift TC, not a stupid electronic shift knob anymore?
Sponsored