Wish List for Jeep brand

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I agree with the power windows. It is 2022 and you would think all vehicle sold today would have power windows and door locks.
For the price that Stellantis charges for even an un-optioned Sport, yes, power windows and door locks should be standard. That said, it's oddly reassuring to see window cranks and manual locks continuing to make a stand.

It's equally odd that this subject gets as much air time as it does, with respect to the Wrangler's removable doors coupled with the sheer number of owners that take advantage of that feature. Those cute little control buttons aren't paying their way when the doors are left hanging on the garage wall. ;)
Sponsored

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 JL Diesel Sport S
I want a 120V plug in the back like almost every other modern SUV/pickup has.

Can you put key holes in the rear doors same as the front? I would have gone for Sport over Sport S but needed the power locks or canā€™t open the back doors without unlocking the front and then reaching around from inside to open the back.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Body mounted side mirrors. Get them off the doors.

Factory lift options with full complement of suspension components to make it complete and correct.

Factory axle and gearing options for all models.

2 rear tow hooks.

More comfortable seats.

Longer 2 door wheelbase.

Better rear steel bumper.

Higher clearance inner fender liners.

Factory skid plates with more coverage than currently offered.

LED lighting standard.

Iā€™ll stop now, as this can go on and on. šŸ˜

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
T
Make The ESS optional along with all the associated hardware.
They would take an EPA MPG hit if you had the option,same with MDS as explained to me when I was not happy about not being able to disable MDS with a knob (sport mode) like on my GC . Be satisfied with an off button as long as they last šŸ™

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Make The ESS optional along with all the associated hardware.
That can't happen due to various international govt requirements to reduce pollution.

Sponsored

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
1. make transferring the transfer case to neutral easier
2. front always hot 12 volt plug for supplemental braking system while the vehicle is off. For 4 down towing behind a RV.

thatā€™s all folks!

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

My turn. ;)

Problem: Some of us owners have long memories. We remain concerned about the ever-expanding size, weight, complexity and price of each new generation of Wrangler. This is a vehicle that has been selling like gangbusters since the days of leaf spring suspension and optional-only hard tops and full doors. It needn't incorporate every feature that finds its way into other vehicles in the same or similar classes simply for the sake of chasing trends; it's this sort of unthinking commodification that does nothing for the model's legacy or, ultimately, it's continued superiority in real off-road conditions.

Translation: Those who want power ashtrays, or leather-lined gloveboxes, or a third row seat shoehorned in the back are already spoiled for choice as it concerns virtually all minivans and SUVs on the market. Let them point their noses in that direction if such baubles are compulsory. The Wrangler has more need of a diet than it does additional calories.
For what it is worth, I disagree with you but our differences of opinion is the glory of the Wrangler. The amount of choice in the Wrangler is one of the things that make it such a superior vehicle to the alternatives, and not all of what you probably consider 'bloat' is bad. You can still get a stripped-down sport with manual-everything (including transmission and windows), a radio that is AM/FM and Bluetooth only, and it is still the same inflation-adjusted prices as it was thirty years ago, while being many multiples more capable. On the other hand, if you want the ability to use a camera to view in front of you when you're on a trail that you can't see past the hood because its so steep without anyone to spot you, you still can. Much of what is available on the super-spec builds still provide a great deal of benefit to what many would argue is the core purpose of a wrangler: its off-road ability. Just because there are mall-crawlers out there who think that splashing in a curb-height puddle is extreme, doesn't mean that the core functionality of those options isn't beneficial for the circumstances those options were made for.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
The problem I would like solved is my need for a 2 door Jeep pick up. A suggested solution is a JK8 type of conversion.

Another problem to solve is increased towing with the JLU. Possibly with heavier rear springs.

The reason for increased towing is to pull a reasonable sized camper. Jeep engineers could embrace the Jeep lifestyle and build a 20+ feet camper that is in the 3500 tow limit. Plus the camper must be reasonably off road and off grid.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Another thought is a hybrid hard / soft top. Freedom panel up front and soft top out back.

A soft top easy open rear window would be awesome.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T