Sponsored

Wish I had ordered Steel Bumpers.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
So my JULR is due at the dealership between 3/8 and 3/12. I didn't order the Steel Bumper option because I thought I would find something aftermarket winch capable bumper that I liked because there are so many choices well at least if you assume all or most JK bumpers will fit. Past week I really been looking at every aftermarket bumper on the net and none that I like as well as stock steel front one looks.

So I either going to buy just the front Mopar Steel one or both Front and Rear if I can find a good deal on the pair.

Anybody same boat as me find any good deals on the Mopar Steel bumpers after the Purchase? I am going to try hitting the dealer up on a Mopar discount when I go to do paper work and take delivery.
Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
So my JULR is due at the dealership between 3/8 and 3/12. I didn't order the Steel Bumper option because I thought I would find something aftermarket winch capable bumper that I liked because there are so many choices well at least if you assume all or most JK bumpers will fit. Past week I really been looking at every aftermarket bumper on the net and none that I like as well as stock steel front one looks.

So I either going to buy just the front Mopar Steel one or both Front and Rear if I can find a good deal on the pair.

Anybody same boat as me find any good deals on the Mopar Steel bumpers after the Purchase? I am going to try hitting the dealer up on a Mopar discount when I go to do paper work and take delivery.
Did you happen to look at the Rough Country Stubby front bumper? It comes with a built in winch plate too and you can add an LED light bar hoop.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Yes, The thing that most after market bumpers have in common are sharp edges I think rounded edges look like a better fit with the JL.
So I know I’m new at this but what would be the advantage of having a steel rear bumper?

cdavison82

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Granite Mettalic
When plastic bumpers catch on rocks they tear off, steel just gets scuffed.

Also the steel front bumper in the factory package will accept a winch.
"Accept a winch", yes, but an additional $200+ mounting plate is required. Ridiculous.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The aftermarket bumpers I have looked at that accept a winch also require a winch mounting plate sold separately.
I think the Rough Country one comes with the plate.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As another forum member said, just wait it out a little. No need to restrict yourself to the very limited supply of bumpers out currently, spend the money...then by years end, especially as a lot of companies are gearing up for SEMA, you may find something you like even more and now you're doing it all over again.

I'm waiting on what AEV releases since I like the look of theirs and typically they aren't crazy aggressive and still give the tire protection rather than leaving them exposed.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
A personal opinion here -- keep in mind that you'll get what you pay for with bumpers...quality and durability wise. It may behoove you to spend a bit more if you can to get something that will hold up. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Same boat.

I assumed there'd be at least one aftermarket option I would like. Turns out I hate all of them. Heard all the feedback about waiting for manufacturers to start releasing new ones, so I went back and looked at all the JK bumpers to get an idea of what else I could expect. Nope, still don't like any of the aftermarket options. Waiting around for reasonably-priced Mopar take-offs now.

Shoulda done my homework...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Im a big fan of AEV and ARB, both of which do not have any JL options out yet.

Like others said I would hold tight till at least SEMA (Oct) as a lot of manufactures will put out new options then.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
When plastic bumpers catch on rocks they tear off, steel just gets scuffed.

Also the steel front bumper in the factory package will accept a winch.
The Mopar factory steel rear bumper doesn't just scuff. Check out [Banned Site]'s video. His steel rear bumper flexed up into the body and caused damage. Not good.
Sponsored