OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
OP - regarding the “pull” to the right… is this your first Jeep or solid front axle vehicle? Also, is this an XR? Just curious. I’m not too familiar with the XR but I doubt Jeep did anything special to address the caster with all of these factory “lifts.” Even the longer lower control arms (that come with the Mopar lifts, for example) don’t get it to the ideal caster. You need adjustable upper or lower arms. The track bar is likely the same length too. This, coupled with over-inflated tires, will exacerbate the natural drift from road crown. But if this is the case, you would also experience drift to the left too, if the road graded as such. As said above lower the tires pressure to around 35psi. Good luck.
yes this is my first jeep. My first lifted with bigger tires stock too
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Were the tire pressures ever adjusted down? Air them down to 35 PSI. having them over 40 will cause all sorts of issues. If you don't know how to do it, go to Discount Tire where they will do it for free. They can also show you how to do it yourself.

You Tube is your friend when it comes to learning basic DIY maintenance stuff. You should also know how to check the oil dipstick and how to add some if it's low, and you should know how to change a flat tire.

Have you checked the frame and axles for any damage that might have been caused while it was in transit, i.e. missing paint, gouge marks from chain booms and tie downs while on the rail car (unlikely) or transport truck (happens all the time). Careless transport can lead to bent suspension components, blown shocks, bent axles and even bent frames.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were the tire pressures ever adjusted down? Air them down to 35 PSI. having them over 40 will cause all sorts of issues. If you don't know how to do it, go to Discount Tire where they will do it for free. They can also show you how to do it yourself.

You Tube is your friend when it comes to learning basic DIY maintenance stuff. You should also know how to check the oil dipstick and how to add some if it's low, and you should know how to change a flat tire.

Have you checked the frame and axles for any damage that might have been caused while it was in transit, i.e. missing paint.gouge marks from chain booms and tie downs while on the rail car (unlikely) or transport truck (happens all the time). Careless transport can lead to bent suspension components, blown shocks, bent axles and even bent frames.
I’m going to get the tires done today. Also underneath. No signs of bent anything! I will be taking a video. Just sounds like something is rubbing against something else. The video will paint a clearer picture. So signs of scraping underneath either

Sponsored

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR
that would drive me insane.

Although I think this is something bent and brake related, how’s your fender liner? There is a known problem with these due to the heat the 392 throws off and it causing the fenders liners to get all out of shape IN to where the tire should be. Check this. If you park it and turn the wheel all the way right you’ll see a lot of it. Then do it all the way left.

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is currently driving me insane. Hence why I’ve been going crazy the last few days. Especially when the dealer tells me they can’t find it….my one buddy says to have dealer check the engine belts? Idk. It’s aggravating though. A brand new vehicle shouldn’t be making that noise

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
In most states invoking a lemon law requires multiple trips to a service center that span extended periods of time, so you’re likely not going to have a case yet.

I posted this in another thread this week, but my $212k Porsche had its transmission go out at 257 miles. Took four months to get the replacement. I didn’t get upset, make threats, or anything. Bad parts make it into the supply chain no matter the product.

They’ll get yours fixed and make it right.
Exactly. Can we please just spread the word and knowledge? You can't just walk into the dealer and shout "LEMON LAW!" and they start shaking in their loafers and take it right back. Literally does not work like that. Plenty of people have learned the hard way, and lost.

Bent flange or brake caliper
Based on the vid, I would almost guess there is something with the caliper/ rotor/ wheel bearing but that's usually more of a higher pitched squeak, unless it's really tweaked.

The sound in the video is much lower in pitch. Driveshaft slip joint? Would a wheel bearing or ujoint make that noise if it wasn't properly seated or lubricated?

OP, did you have anything extra added or installed?

yes this is my first jeep. My first lifted with bigger tires stock too
Welcome. Learn it now: regardless of pricetag, and whatever bullshit the dealer sales people told you: Wranglers will behave completely different than any other vehicle out there. This is because it is still a purpose built off road vehicle- not just a fun, cool convertible to cruise around with; If it's lifted? Any issues will be amplified. Factory? Doesn't matter. JL's seem to be more sensitive to issues then previous gen but this is my first go around with a brand new vehicle- all my previous Jeeps were old.
Good news, is based on what I've read here it's either minor tweaks that will fix it and you'll have no issues, or it's a warranty issue that will get sorted. Frustrating, sure- but I'm trying to be honest. Once you get it sorted that thing will go anywhere with the right line choices.

I see you're in Depew, NY. If you're new and interested in learning more about off roading, check out Northeast Off Road Adventures. I've been out with a few of those guys years back, and know people who have done the class and said it was fun and helpful.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Not the best audio, but it almost sounds like a bent brake backing plate rubbing the rotor. But if there have been no mods, and the wheels have never been off, I don't know how that could have happened.

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the best audio, but it almost sounds like a bent brake backing plate rubbing the rotor. But if there have been no mods, and the wheels have never been off, I don't know how that could have happened.
Just so everyone knows. I did not do anything to the 392. No plans to either. It is bone stock. Nothing touched, added or modified. They did take off the front right wheel at this last trip to the dealer. Again it goes back to another dealer tuesday

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Just so everyone knows. I did not do anything to the 392. No plans to either. It is bone stock. Nothing touched, added or modified. They did take off the front right wheel at this last trip to the dealer. Again it goes back to another dealer tuesday
Earlier you said it was lifted. Is that something that the dealership did or were you just talking about the 392 in general?
Sponsored