Sponsored

Wish I can get a brand new 392(issues)

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
Your doing exactly what I would do. Take it to another Jeep dealer for diagnosis.

Keep us posted on the new dealership diagnosis.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
I was just talking about the 392 in general. That it comes lifted from factory

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Weird sound. I would think the backing plate would make a higher pitch if rubbing. Has anyone checked the front axle for proper level of lube? sounds like something is not lubed.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Do you have ANY mods? Lift, wheels, tires, tazer, etc? Anything which did not come factory on the Jeep?

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have ANY mods? Lift, wheels, tires, tazer, etc? Anything which did not come factory on the Jeep?
This has been answered a few times in the posts. No, it is a bone stock 392

Sponsored

The Sarge

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Ok so I took my 392 to the dealer. It was pulling HARD right. With a squeak in the rear right wheel. Rotational at very low speeds. It’s a 2022 with 1000 miles on it. They started by taking all my wheels off and checking brakes and shaving them to make sure the surface was clean. Was not that. they checked my alignment and the alignment specs are totally fine. Jeep still pulls hard right and has the squeak. They said they now have to call jeep tech support tomorrow morning as they can’t find the issue. I asked them if I should get ready to lawyer up to claim this jeep is a lemon. Any thoughts from you all? 85 k dollar fucking vehicle. With problems after ONE month
Working at a tire shop in my much younger years, all tires have a natural "pull" to them that is not always noticed right away. Have you tried cross rotating the front tires to see if the pull remains or goes the other way? If it goes the other way, you may have a defective tire. Just my 2 cents.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
This has been answered a few times in the posts. No, it is a bone stock 392
But no, seriously. Do you have any mods or anything? Just want to make sure. Please confirm? 😈

Last edited:

Lambert

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe a bad wheel bearing. If they did indeed do all of what was described in the service paperwork, there is probably nothing wrong with the brakes. However they didn't try to bleed the brakes (in case there is air trapped in the lines).

If it didn't make the sound on the lift and only does it under vehicle load it's another reason to look at the bearings.

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
Atleast you got to drive it for 2 weeks. Mine is at the dealership since 3+ weeks. Check out my thread in the last post.

No loaner provided to me either, when i insisted last week (after Jeep was with them for 3 weeks), they said they will have a pink wrangler (loaner) that i may pick up on Saturday. I politely said, no thanks :bandit::whew:

Sponsored

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a bad wheel bearing. If they did indeed do all of what was described in the service paperwork, there is probably nothing wrong with the brakes. However they didn't try to bleed the brakes (in case there is air trapped in the lines).

If it didn't make the sound on the lift and only does it under vehicle load it's another reason to look at the bearings.
im worried hearing about all these issues on the 392....should i trade this thing in while I can?

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
Not sure if you'll get a fair price if you trade it. Maybe try the open market or one of the auctions that someone here already suggested. You might be able to make a profit.

Just FYI - I asked the dealer for a quote on the trade-in value where my Jeep is in for warranty repair.
2022, non XR 392, 300 Miles, used for 9-10 days - He quoted me 8.5 K below what I had paid.
Add:
+~4K VA tax
+900 (Ceramic Coating)
+ 3 year extended warranty for a total of 6/60K coverage.

If I were to accept this trade in value for a TRX (which will be marked up by the dealer) I am already losing 15-16K . If i consider the 300 miles i drove it, that's ~$52 per mile + Gas.

I am probably going to keep it, abuse it, then push it down a cliff when it breaks again.

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you'll get a fair price if you trade it. Maybe try the open market or one of the auctions that someone here already suggested. You might be able to make a profit.

Just FYI - I asked the dealer for a quote on the trade-in value where my Jeep is in for warranty repair.
2022, non XR 392, 300 Miles, used for 9-10 days - He quoted me 8.5 K below what I had paid.
Add:
+~4K VA tax
+900 (Ceramic Coating)
+ 3 year extended warranty for a total of 6/60K coverage.

If I were to accept this trade in value for a TRX (which will be marked up by the dealer) I am already losing 15-16K . If i consider the 300 miles i drove it, that's ~$52 per mile + Gas.

I am probably going to keep it, abuse it, then push it down a cliff when it breaks again.
i got a dealer willing to offer me 81k on a trade for a Cadillac cts 4 v blackwing. My loan balance is 86,200k . So a loss of 5,200k
Sponsored