Wish I can get a brand new 392(issues)

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Why are you guys picking me apart? I was asking a concrete question? And I am met with not serious answers and being mean about it?
It will probably take a long time but I would think that they will get to the bottom end of the problem.
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Ok, pulls hard right when doing what??, Braking or just taking hands off the steering wheel. There are only a few things that can make a vehicle pull to one side. First is to thoroughly check the disk brakes to see if a rotor is hanging up, if it’s hanging up a lot, that rotor will be the hottest by touch and may even be discolored. Full wheel alignment all four wheels,tracking etc.
Wheels should be checked on a good machine and force balanced.
if it pulls when braking, it could even be the ABS screwing up.
Lose suppression also does this.

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
You're pretty damn lucky that they could reproduce it and seem to be doing everything possible to track down that squeak. Hopefully resolving that will also deal with the hard pull.
Yet they told me “come get the vehicle, we are at a loss we have done everything” so idk how lucky I am? Unfortunately taking it to another dealer Tuesday. So I will be at 2/3 times taking it to a dealer for lemon law

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Yet they told me “come get the vehicle, we are at a loss we have done everything” so idk how lucky I am? Unfortunately taking it to another dealer Tuesday. So I will be at 2/3 times taking it to a dealer for lemon law
wheel bearings maybe? A stethoscope would probably indicate where the problem is ... do u know if they tried this?

Sponsored

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wheel bearings maybe? A stethoscope would probably indicate where the problem is ... do u know if they tried this?
I do not think they did a stethoscope to be honest.

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well at least they tightened the ball joints .. this should make a noticeable difference. Did it?
Sorry for being ignorant, what would that make for difference wise?

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I am willing to bet that 35lbs of air will make a dramatic difference folks. Any takers?

:jk:
comfort yes.. does it fix loose sus. problems ? I haven't had that experience

devnull

First Name
Darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Sport
Occupation
Scientific Negotiator
comfort yes.. does it fix loose sus. problems ? I haven't had that experience
If you're talking about actual fasteners not being tightened down then air pressure will have little impact BUT, having too much air (a notorious issue with JLs and JTs) will feel like a loose suspension. As @SophieNoel said, it would be very 'squirrely'. Her Jeep felt like it could not track straight at all, and leaned right. We lowered it to 35lbs and all was good.

Think of too much air in a tire like a balloon. Over inflated tires round the contact patch and you have less tire on the road (see pic below). That will have a huge effect on a straight axle truck, even bigger than a passenger car.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wish I can get a brand new 392(issues) inflation-status

devnull

First Name
Darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Sport
Occupation
Scientific Negotiator
I will have to try that, I doubt that fixes the squeaking though
That I would have to hear... Can you make a video of that sound? Could be anything without hearing it.

Typically brakes (which were ruled out)
Then bushings
Then Spring mounts
etc...

All can be checked.
Sponsored