First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey everyone,

2019 JLUR w/ 3pc Freedom hard top and Gobi Stealth rack

I'm wanting to place LED lights around the Gobi rack (sides and back) and every solution I've seen is to drill and route wires through the hard top. I have the four auxiliary switches from factory and are trying to figure out a good solution for the wiring that doesn't compromise the hard top seal or look terrible.

Any advice with pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Joe
Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have a Federal Blue LED mini lightbar on my Rhino rack. I ran the power cable out the bottom of the right rear passenger door and ran the cable up the front side of the door frame (outside of the door seal) using stick-on cable tie mounts and onto the roof. No leaks since the cable breaches the door at the bottom of the frame and goes up into the jeep. Of course my wire may be a smaller guage then what you need. I’m on travel this week. If i get a chance this weekend I’ll post pictures.

OP
OP
LastFrontierJLU
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have a Federal Blue LED mini lightbar on my Rhino rack. I ran the power cable out the bottom of the right rear passenger door and ran the cable up the front side of the door frame (outside of the door seal) using stick-on cable tie mounts and onto the roof. No leaks since the cable breaches the door at the bottom of the frame and goes up into the jeep. Of course my wire may be a smaller guage then what you need. I’m on travel this week. If i get a chance this weekend I’ll post pictures.
Thanks! I'm really intrigued by how you did it and definitely want to see how it all looks. I look forward to seeing a picture of it