Sponsored

Wiring Rigid D series Flood lights to reverse lights HELP!

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
@Ldybug

Your two, 30 watt lights will draw 5 amps or 5,000 milliamps total. You will have no issue at all wiring to the 6 pin. For all the reasons I gave in past posts, saying to avoid the factory tail light harness ,(especially if you JL, has LED light option) DO, tap into the 6 pin and not the tail light harness.
You must use 2 diodes. I would go with the Roadmaster diodes as they hold up well to water, vibration and such.
These?

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Roadmaster/RM-790.html#prod-acc-onlyreviews
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Stingray20Idaho

Actually, I myself, use the Roadmaster 690 Single Park Light Diode.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HRO4X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and not the double which you have linked to. You could use the Roadmaster Double, though.

If you go with the Roadmaster 690 Single Park Light Diode, you need 2 of them.

Use one of the Roadmaster 690 Single Park Light Diode's up front in the engine compartment... You hook up the Aux wire, itself to the IN on the diode and the wire that you are running to the back through the frame rail gets hooked up to the diode OUT.

Now, when you tap into that single wire on the 7 pin, you use your other Roadmaster 690 Single Park Light Diode, there.

SURE, there are other ways to do the wiring..

Sure, There are other brand diodes out there.... some cost a dollar or so each but I do not
trust them, so I avoid using them.

I go with the Roadmaster Diode because I know they are stout.... they don't die easily... no problem with them dealing with water, mud, cold, vibration and such.... they hold up very well.
They have a good reputation.