Sponsored

Wiring Kiwi LED Halos to parking lights JLUS

TopsOff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JLU Sport S
Hi everyone. I’ve been doing a ton of reading regarding LED headlights and how to wire aftermarket halos. It seems most wire to Fuse 57 and have the halos on anytime the key is on. Ideally I’d love to have the aux switches and be able to control them, but that’s not happening today. Nor do I want to implement an aftermarket switch somewhere. I was thinking of instead wiring them to the parking light circuit - so that they’d come on with the selection of parking lamps and then stay on with selection of headlights - and I’d still be able to turn them off from the drivers seat via the headlight selector. Trade off is the marriage of parking lights to halos, but I think for me that’s a fair trade off.

Has anyone done this instead of wiring direct to fuse box, and if so - would it be as easy as I’m thinking by just tee-ing each halo wire into the on-side parking light hot wire? Anything I’m missing here?

Additional info: This is for a 2020 Sport. I don’t have DRL capability but I do have auto headlights. I also picked up LED fog lamps and switchbacks for the turn signals / parking lights. I already have a Tazer Mini married to the Jeep.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Hi everyone. I’ve been doing a ton of reading regarding LED headlights and how to wire aftermarket halos. It seems most wire to Fuse 57 and have the halos on anytime the key is on. Ideally I’d love to have the aux switches and be able to control them, but that’s not happening today. Nor do I want to implement an aftermarket switch somewhere. I was thinking of instead wiring them to the parking light circuit - so that they’d come on with the selection of parking lamps and then stay on with selection of headlights - and I’d still be able to turn them off from the drivers seat via the headlight selector. Trade off is the marriage of parking lights to halos, but I think for me that’s a fair trade off.

Has anyone done this instead of wiring direct to fuse box, and if so - would it be as easy as I’m thinking by just tee-ing each halo wire into the on-side parking light hot wire? Anything I’m missing here?

Additional info: This is for a 2020 Sport. I don’t have DRL capability but I do have auto headlights. I also picked up LED fog lamps and switchbacks for the turn signals / parking lights. I already have a Tazer Mini married to the Jeep.
I'm in the same boat and I plan on hard-wiring directly to parking lights.

lzaffuto

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Sport S Sarge Green
Did anyone ever find a source in the fender to wire the halos to that makes them come on as DRLs with the ignition? I have them wired to the parking lights, but as said above that means no halos unless you turn on your lights and I really want them on anytime the engine is running. I suppose I could fab up extra long wires to run them across the engine bay to the fusebox but I'd really prefer to tap into something at the front if available.
Sponsored