Sponsored

Wiring Help!! DRL fog lights auto shutoff

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I installed a pair of RC fogs with DRL option. I love the lights and they match my stock LED's perfect. They came with a 3 position switch ON/OFF/DRL. My problem is I keep forgetting to shut the DRL's off!!!! Unlike the fogs that I can clearly see are on the DRL's not so much. Currently I have the power wired directly to the battery. My question is their a way to power them so if I leave the switch on DRL, that they will turn on/off with the headlights?

IMG_0467.jpg
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I installed a pair of RC fogs with DRL option. I love the lights and they match my stock LED's perfect. They came with a 3 position switch ON/OFF/DRL. My problem is I keep forgetting to shut the DRL's off!!!! Unlike the fogs that I can clearly see are on the DRL's not so much. Currently I have the power wired directly to the battery. My question is their a way to power them so if I leave the switch on DRL, that they will turn on/off with the headlights?

IMG_0467.jpg
You should tie into a fuse that is powered on only when the ignition is on. Do you happen to know the approximate amperage of these lights?

OP
OP
Bricazo

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
You should tie into a fuse that is powered on only when the ignition is on. Do you happen to know the approximate amperage of these lights?
That's what I was thinking and after looking a the wire harness their are separate power wires for the DRL and fogs. So I can just remove the DRL's from the battery and find a different power source. I looked at the site and can't find the amperage, but it's only 2 led's per fog for the DRL's so it can't be much. Any suggestions for a fuse to use?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Tying directly into the existing fender drl is probably the easiest option.
Sponsored