Wiring heigh10 for external amps?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I’m at the part of plugging all the wires in to the harness (putting the harness together outside of the Jeep) and the video shows a twelve pin plugin that goes from the brain to the pac module. This appears to be the speaker wires, as it has “cut here and insulate” on the heat shrink. Makes sense, as it goes into the pac. The guy in the video says to plug the clip into the right slot if the Jeep has a subwoofer and left if it does not. I am planning on running two external amps, and do not have the factory sun setup. Do I still plug it into the left port?

Thanks

000A890C-F2D4-4B5D-9761-1B7B87ADF8E3.jpeg
Sponsored

GB345T

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I’m at the part of plugging all the wires in to the harness (putting the harness together outside of the Jeep) and the video shows a twelve pin plugin that goes from the brain to the pac module. This appears to be the speaker wires, as it has “cut here and insulate” on the heat shrink. Makes sense, as it goes into the pac. The guy in the video says to plug the clip into the right slot if the Jeep has a subwoofer and left if it does not. I am planning on running two external amps, and do not have the factory sun setup. Do I still plug it into the left port?

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Wiring heigh10 for external amps? 000A890C-F2D4-4B5D-9761-1B7B87ADF8E3
Yes, still use the left port.

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I just upgraded my speakers and would like to amplify them. Are you guys using a single amp for front and rear or dual amps? Also, do I simply run the RCA cables from the outputs of the heigh10 to the amp(s) or is there anything else I need to change from the initial install with the JL kit? Finally, do we use the zone 2 RCA at all? Not sure what that is. Sorry, newb here. Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I just upgraded my speakers and would like to amplify them. Are you guys using a single amp for front and rear or dual amps? Also, do I simply run the RCA cables from the outputs of the heigh10 to the amp(s) or is there anything else I need to change from the initial install with the JL kit? Finally, do we use the zone 2 RCA at all? Not sure what that is. Sorry, newb here. Thanks for any help!
im running a four channel US acoustics Barbara Ann to my Polk db652s. The heigh10 has a set of rca outputs for the fronts and a separate set for the rears. Super easy, as long as you get a decent four channel amp with the separate inputs. Just leave the caps over the zone two and sub outputs, unless you want to add another sub and amp (of course).

all that us left are the power and ground for the amp, and the remote wire from the Heigh10 to the amp. PM if you have any questions. Hope that helps.
Sponsored