Sponsored

Wiring Harness connector under seats ??

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone tell me if yours looks the same. This is the main harness connector under the front edge of your driver and passenger seats. All the wires from this go to 4 things. Seat belt buckle sensor, Air bag yellow coupler, seat sensor, and seat rail position sensor.

There are plastic pins sticking out the back of the harness in the holes where there are no wires.

My seat belt light won't go out when buckled, air bag light, ESS service msg, Auto park disabled msg.
When it occasionally works correctly, as soon as the seatbelt light comes on, I get the airbag, ess and auto park msg in succession so I know its all related. I got a loose connection somewhere and have removed the whole seat and sprayed all connectors with cleaner except the main harness shown.

While wiggling the seat around with the bolts removed, occasionally the seatbelt light would go out but come back. Driving me crazy trying to find the loose or shorted wire. It could just be the seat buckle sensor causing the other 3 faults.

Driver 1.jpg

Driver 2.JPG

Passenger.JPG
Sponsored

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
I am having the same issue (seatbelt, airbag, and ESS warnings on dash) after the removal and re-installation of my driver seat. Did you ever get this resolved?

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Did you check the wires that run down from the seatbelt itself?
Sponsored