Sponsored

Wiring Halo DRL / Amber Turn Switchbacks, Fender LED DRL / Switchbacks on JL Sport

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Ok so my sport s has three wires pictured below. A white/green, a white/brown, and a black(ground?). If I'm not connecting turn signals to my headlights, I only need to cut the white/brown and connect it to the drl wire I have made?
20190501_090205.jpg
Ok so my sport s has three wires pictured below. A white/green, a white/brown, and a black(ground?). If I'm not connecting turn signals to my headlights, I only need to cut the white/brown and connect it to the drl wire I have made?
20190501_090205.jpg
Yea that's all you need to do. That is the left side, yeah? I wonder if you have DRL wires up to the fender under the hood or not?
Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
  1. I did all of this with the JL Tazer. No extra wiring involved with my Sport S.

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
  1. I did all of this with the JL Tazer. No extra wiring involved with my Sport S.
Please let me know if you did this by only replacing the bulb in your existing sport s fenders. If so, what tazer jl settings did you change to make the parking light active at all times?

Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please let me know if you did this by only replacing the bulb in your existing sport s fenders. If so, what tazer jl settings did you change to make the parking light active at all times?
Replaced the bulbs with exactly with what the OP said.....go into Tazor settings to DRL. Enable to USA and done.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And actually I see the OPs video.....going to try and replicate the white to amber on the turn signal. That I have not been able to replicate as of yet.. Nice video OP and great write up!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Well, I'm lost.

Did you set the DRL to turns instead of Dedicated?

Try putting your jeep in drive, that must be your parking lights on.

Sponsored

Josh903

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased the Oracle lighting switchback bulbs the OP used and while the product description says they work without resistors, my set start giving bulb out warnings and fast blink on the dash after they have been running for about 4-5 minutes. I am attempting to return them to the vendor since that was the primary reason I purchased them. Using them for DRL was also in the plan but I didn't get that far.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Interesting, never had mine flashing that long so I can't say if there is a problem running them for longer durations, let me know what the vendor says as mine have been performing flawlessly and have used the DRLs for many hours thus far.

Did you have the right orientation on the bulb as the polarity is set up so there is a right and wrong way to install.

Josh903

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, never had mine flashing that long so I can't say if there is a problem running them for longer durations, let me know what the vendor says as mine have been performing flawlessly and have used the DRLs for many hours thus far.

Did you have the right orientation on the bulb as the polarity is set up so there is a right and wrong way to install.
I do believe the polarity is correct. I installed one of them wrong and it simply didn't turn on until I re-inserted it the correct way. I found the problem because I was stuck at a turn for like 3 red light cycles with the blinker on the whole time. After a while my dash chimed saying the bulb was out for the side that I had on.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The DRL won't ever throw a code, even if it burns up. Only the turns and headlights have bulb out warning. What part of the bulb's construction would help it not throw codes?

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!