Wiring going to the door

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
i have the base Sport which has manual locks and windows. Taking my doors off the other day I noticed I still have an electrical connection with 4 wires? Am I prewired for something?
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
i have the base Sport which has manual locks and windows. Taking my doors off the other day I noticed I still have an electrical connection with 4 wires? Am I prewired for something?
Just a guess, it might be a combination of a default harness and the door open sensor?

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
I’ve been looking at the same thing for a while. I think there are 2 wires running to the little led in the handle and 2 wires running to a switch in the door, telling the computer if the door is open or closed.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Mirrors?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I’ve been looking at the same thing for a while. I think there are 2 wires running to the little led in the handle and 2 wires running to a switch in the door, telling the computer if the door is open or closed.
Pretty sure that's what it is. Nothing else needs power LOL. Mine is the same way, but my wife's has extra wires for the locks/windows/mirrors since it's a Sport S.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs