Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Question. Will they offer any protection if you end up sliding across a large rock
since they are aluminum?
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

PaulW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ, 72 Bronco
Ever since TJ Gen1 Rockslide steps have been installed with the wires from the interior controller are routed thru the floor seal. Now days they are past Gen3 and the wires are still routed the same way. The only thing inside the engine compartment is the power wire. My 06 TJ with Rockslide steps was the same and was never an issue. AMP on non Jeep vehicles have all the electronics in the engine compartment so their wire routing is different.

Praetorian269

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yup - that's AMP Research PowerSteps wiring. I did some research before having mine installed - that's how it's done.
That’s how they make it seem like an easy install. They don’t care about the problems you will have down the road.

Sponsored

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I don't see a problem with it. The wires under the jeep are tucked up way above the frame and coming through a rubber grommet. From there into the pass side kick panel. Mine has been fine for 3 years and i don't see a problem with a short circuit.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I came up through the drain plug in the back seats for the 10ga wire I ran to my dc/dc charger. I loomed it, but I'm not really that concerned with it failing for any reason. It's was one of those calls where I didn't feel like pulling apart trim to hide it in the cab and use an extra 5 or 6 feet of wire to route it decretely.
Sponsored