Wires through passenger drain plug

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
So I am installing my mopar slush mats, no issues on the drivers side. When I get to the passenger side and go to remove the plug I notice this wires coming out of there. Is this normal?
Jeep Wrangler JL Wires through passenger drain plug D9EA3AE0-DA93-4A3A-8B0C-2173B3EE8A35
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Fuser

Your Jl/JLU did not leave the factory with those wires running through the floor drain plug...

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When I get to the passenger side and go to remove the plug I notice this wires coming out of there. Is this normal?
Nope. Not normal at all. There's a reason the drain plugs are on a Wrangler. Those wires defeat the purpose. Trace the wires and see where they go. I bet it's a dealer installed piece of crap.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Not normal at all. That's definitely not something fitted at the factory, not only because there's no wires that should come through there on a stock JL, but that's also not factory wiring.

Sponsored

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
So I am installing my mopar slush mats, no issues on the drivers side. When I get to the passenger side and go to remove the plug I notice this wires coming out of there. Is this normal?
Jeep Wrangler JL Wires through passenger drain plug D9EA3AE0-DA93-4A3A-8B0C-2173B3EE8A35
Do you have the rock slide engineering steps? Thought I read their install instructions have you run the wiring through the passenger floor drain plug just like that.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Do you have the rock slide engineering steps? Thought I read their install instructions have you run the wiring through the passenger floor drain plug just like that.
I had the amp research steps installed at 4 wheel parts. I am going to trace the wires when I get home. If they did that I’ll be calling them tomorrow

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Wow, 4WP probably did that (which doesn't surprise me). LMAO.

LSUMaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I had the amp research steps installed at 4 wheel parts. I am going to trace the wires when I get home. If they did that I’ll be calling them tomorrow
Yup - that's AMP Research PowerSteps wiring. I did some research before having mine installed - that's how it's done.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Fuser
@Fuser

When you talk to the "4 wheel parts", tread lightly with them so to speak. They in reality did nothing wrong. Instructions say install that way and that is what they did.

You did not specify / give instructions to do otherwise so....

Reality is, the install is ok as it is.

YES, there are other far cleaner ways the install could have been done.... but that apparently is the way the product instructions say to do the install.

I know I would not have done it that way.... Yes, it would be an easy chore for you to reroute/install differently.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
What vehicle is this? The 2013 JK, or a new JL??

G.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I installed my Amp's and did the same. I didn't want to make a new hole.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Why wouldn't the install be to head up under the passenger inner fender liner and into the engine bay? Plenty of power options there.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Why wouldn't the install be to head up under the passenger inner fender liner and into the engine bay?
It's much harder to route wires that way.
Sponsored