Sponsored

Wires for Aux. switches on Rubicon

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m posting this here because it’s for wiring up my winch with a power interrupt. I have read that the wires for the Aux switches are under the dash behind the glove box, but i have read something about 4 wires in my bay near the battery(Which I have).

I have a 2019 Rubicon with the 3.6 and auto. Can anybody confirm where the connections for the aux. switches are?

I want to get this wired up this weekend.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
On my '20 model Rubicon the wires were in a bundle pushed down between the battery and the fender liner. Shine a flashlight down there and you'll probably see them.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On my '20 model Rubicon the wires were in a bundle pushed down between the battery and the fender liner. Shine a flashlight down there and you'll probably see them.

Later,
Johnny
I definitely have wires there. Were they labeled which one is which switch on your 2020?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
They're color coded. The code is in the owner's manual under "aux. switches".

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
  • Aux Switch 1 F93 – 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
  • Aux Switch 2 F92 – 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
  • Aux Switch 3 F103 – 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
  • Aux Switch 4 F108 – 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
This is for the '20 model year. May be the same for yours.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
  • Aux Switch 1 F93 – 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
  • Aux Switch 2 F92 – 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
  • Aux Switch 3 F103 – 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
  • Aux Switch 4 F108 – 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
This is for the '20 model year. May be the same for yours.

Later,
Johnny
Wow thanks for the added info. Here is another question that hopefully you or someone else can answer. Should i use a 40 amp aux switch or a 15 am switch for a power interrupt wired up for a 10,000 lb winch?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
One of the 15 Amp. Are you using the Warn Power Interrupt unit? I think the solenoid on it draws 5 amps or less.

Later,
Johnny

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
To answer the original question, they are in both locations.

Sponsored

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
To answer the original question, they are in both locations.
Really? So there is basically a “Y” in the wiring? Not saying you are wrong just wanting to know. It seems easiest to wire the interrupt completely from the engine bay to me

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Yeah, just depends on what you are wiring as to which to use.

Here you go...

Jeep Wrangler JL Wires for Aux. switches on Rubicon 1590106929529

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’m posting this here because it’s for wiring up my winch with a power interrupt. I have read that the wires for the Aux switches are under the dash behind the glove box, but i have read something about 4 wires in my bay near the battery(Which I have).

I have a 2019 Rubicon with the 3.6 and auto. Can anybody confirm where the connections for the aux. switches are?

I want to get this wired up this weekend.
Should be in two place - one up between battery and fender sheet metal. They will be tied/taped up.

The other set under the instrument cluster.

Both are the same, Aux1..Aux4. Combined amp draw for both not to exceed circuit rating (40A or 15A depending on which Aux)

I added one of these, when they were only $20, which was handy.

https://badgeglow.com/product/simpleaux/

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow thanks for the added info. Here is another question that hopefully you or someone else can answer. Should i use a 40 amp aux switch or a 15 am switch for a power interrupt wired up for a 10,000 lb winch?
Use the 15amp switch, save the 40amp ones for other higher draw accessories. I've got my Power Interrupt Kit wired to Aux switch #4 and it's works just fine. I believe @JayJay is correct in that the kit only pulls 5 amps.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What would be an example of something needing a higher amp draw? I’m going to install some LED lights. I assume I’d want to keep those on switches 3 or 4 and leave 1 or 2 open for something with more draw.
Sponsored