Wireless charging Sanctum console from Leatherseats

JCutler

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok, so I received the console and it's been a bit of a long journey, here's my review on it:

Ordering Process
Prior to ordering I reached out and asked if it would be possible to have the console without the "sanctum" stamped into the charging mat, they told me yes, so I placed my order and sent them my console.

Unfortunately once they receive your console they sit on it for about 7 to 10 days before touching it (not counting shipping time to them and back to you). They do cover shipping costs both ways.

Seems silly to leave someone without their console, they could queue your order and ask you to send the console in when it's closer to your turn. I was told there was no possible way to rush/expedite.

A few days into the wait, I get a call telling me they made a mistake and they can't sell me one not stamped with the "sanctum" logo... they offer me a discount and if I proceed they'd make/ship my console in just a few hours that same day.

I agreed, in the end they did what they could to make this slip up right, can't complain on this side of things although it was not a smooth process necessarily.

Note: if you have a Rubicon, make sure you tell them so they can match the red trim and stitching to the Rubicon red, its not the normal "red" color they offer.

The Console Itself
Looks VERY nice, could pass for OEM if it didn't have the logo stamped in there. Quality is nice, although the leather seems to wear a bit easier than the factory material on the console. Overall very pleased with the look/quality.

Install was relatively easy/simple/quick, no complaints here.

My only real problem comes to charging... I was using an iPhone 11 Pro with NO case (I realize I'm in the monitory of people with no case)... but the material used on the charger is not grippy.

Due to this, and the console being angled down/forward slightly, when you drive the phone ends up sliding to the front corners and staying there. Normally no problem... except it doesn't charge when totally in the corner! Huge design flaw in my opinion.

IMG_2808.jpeg

Note: if you have a case this is a non issue, the charging problem is literally when its fully in the corner, as soon as you back it out of the corner ever so slightly it charges. Problem for me is when you drive it ends up fully wedged in the corners and never charges.

The company again was very helpful and quickly turned around a "trim ring" that would sit inside the charger to keep the phone away from the edges now. Works great and no issues anymore.

As far as charging + using wireless CarPlay simultaneously, it does work generally well. If my battery is depleted it will charge up to 80%, but it seems to never go past 80% on the wireless charger and running CarPlay. I am ok with this personally, 80% is plenty of battery.

Overall I like the console, it's a nice product and even with a few hiccups along the way the company did make things right.

IMG_2887.jpeg
I'm considering this also. I've read your comments just wondering if you still like it now that you've had it longer... Thoughts?
Sponsored

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I'm still happy with it
How is the trim ring held in? Is it just a snug piece or adhesive or anything? How is the inner section holding up with usage? i.e. wearing in the pattern, discoloration etc.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
How is the trim ring held in? Is it just a snug piece or adhesive or anything? How is the inner section holding up with usage? i.e. wearing in the pattern, discoloration etc.
It's got a little bit of adhesive on the bottom so it doesn't budge, the charging pad is fine, no wear on it

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I've had mine for a few months now. No issues at all and with the Wireless Airplay adapter everything works together every time.

Sponsored

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I love the wireless CarPlay adapter and so looking foward to pulling the trigger on this. I’m just waiting for sizes on the next iPhone to be confirmed before I pull.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I love the wireless CarPlay adapter and so looking foward to pulling the trigger on this. I’m just waiting for sizes on the next iPhone to be confirmed before I pull.
Good Idea, I have no regrets. Very nice not having any cords to mess with.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Considering going with one of the wireless CarPlay options and the Sanctum charger.

My plan is Sanctum hardwired in to the 12v and either CarPlay2Air or CarLinkIt 2.0 in the USB inside the center console.

Does anyone know if the Sanctum can match the blue stitching inside the 4xe?

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Any recent feedback on this?

Considering for my wife’s Tuscadero Rubicon on order and my 18 Rubicon. My concern is I like to use the arm rest, looks uncomfortable?

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Any recent feedback on this?

Considering for my wife’s Tuscadero Rubicon on order and my 18 Rubicon. My concern is I like to use the arm rest, looks uncomfortable?
I'm 6'3 and 220 lbs. And its not to bad at all. Just keep my arm more to the side. But It sure is nice not having any damn cables too mess with.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I'm 6'3 and 220 lbs. And its not to bad at all. Just keep my arm more to the side. But It sure is nice not having any damn cables too mess with.
cool. Thanks

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Just wanted to post an update to my experience... I got tired of the phone not charging due to sliding off and using their spacer ring that they made, so I bought some MagSafe magnets on amazon, stuck them on, and glued a little custom suede piece with some graphics I printed on it on top of the magnet... looks much nicer and now the phone doesn't budge from perfect alignment with the charger. Phone even stays put if you open up the console!

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just wanted to post an update to my experience... I got tired of the phone not charging due to sliding off and using their spacer ring that they made, so I bought some MagSafe magnets on amazon, stuck them on, and glued a little custom suede piece with some graphics I printed on it on top of the magnet... looks much nicer and now the phone doesn't budge from perfect alignment with the charger. Phone even stays put if you open up the console!

Jeep Wrangler JL Wireless charging Sanctum console from Leatherseats IMG_0030

Jeep Wrangler JL Wireless charging Sanctum console from Leatherseats IMG_0030
Where did you get the magnets?