Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase

I ran across this and never seen it before and thought some folks might be interested in it.

It’s also another option for those looking for leather seats
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
if only we had wireless car play, then this would be awesome!

Great find @Rubi-Zero, this is a really nice idea, I have buddies with GMC and RAM trucks that have this built in, there is no question of where to put your phone!

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It might, but now it wouldn't be wireless, you still have to plug in a dongle, which has a wire, at that point you're back to using a cable, one that will charge and carry data.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the armrest you posted is an awesome idea, but my USB in my console has never worked :angry:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

my USB in my console has never worked
Those armrests can be hardwired. That's the route I'd go if I ever got one. My only gripe with these, is that with a larger phone you lose usable armrest space. I'd be resting my arm on my phone.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)

I ran across this and never seen it before and thought some folks might be interested in it.

It’s also another option for those looking for leather seats

I have to admit this looks high class and I like plopping my phone down and it charges. It ain't cheap tho. $350 plus you ship your console top into them. You will also install a little wiring but not a big deal. I don't know how else you can get a wireless charge pad in the rig. Maybe on the dash? There is the option of Phone mount/holders with built in wireless charging of course and I've found several on Amazon. Thanks for posting this @Rubi-Zero !!

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
My charging center console is on order, hopefully will be back to me in the next 10 days or so, they already have my console. Will report back.

I also picked up the wireless CarPlay module mentioned above and can confirm so far it works perfectly.

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
My charging center console is on order, hopefully will be back to me in the next 10 days or so, they already have my console. Will report back.

I also picked up the wireless CarPlay module mentioned above and can confirm so far it works perfectly.
Awesome news on the CarPlay module.

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the console.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Ok, so I received the console and it's been a bit of a long journey, here's my review on it:

Ordering Process
Prior to ordering I reached out and asked if it would be possible to have the console without the "sanctum" stamped into the charging mat, they told me yes, so I placed my order and sent them my console.

Unfortunately once they receive your console they sit on it for about 7 to 10 days before touching it (not counting shipping time to them and back to you). They do cover shipping costs both ways.

Seems silly to leave someone without their console, they could queue your order and ask you to send the console in when it's closer to your turn. I was told there was no possible way to rush/expedite.

A few days into the wait, I get a call telling me they made a mistake and they can't sell me one not stamped with the "sanctum" logo... they offer me a discount and if I proceed they'd make/ship my console in just a few hours that same day.

I agreed, in the end they did what they could to make this slip up right, can't complain on this side of things although it was not a smooth process necessarily.

Note: if you have a Rubicon, make sure you tell them so they can match the red trim and stitching to the Rubicon red, its not the normal "red" color they offer.

The Console Itself
Looks VERY nice, could pass for OEM if it didn't have the logo stamped in there. Quality is nice, although the leather seems to wear a bit easier than the factory material on the console. Overall very pleased with the look/quality.

Install was relatively easy/simple/quick, no complaints here.

My only real problem comes to charging... I was using an iPhone 11 Pro with NO case (I realize I'm in the monitory of people with no case)... but the material used on the charger is not grippy.

Due to this, and the console being angled down/forward slightly, when you drive the phone ends up sliding to the front corners and staying there. Normally no problem... except it doesn't charge when totally in the corner! Huge design flaw in my opinion.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wireless charging Sanctum console from Leatherseats IMG_2808

Note: if you have a case this is a non issue, the charging problem is literally when its fully in the corner, as soon as you back it out of the corner ever so slightly it charges. Problem for me is when you drive it ends up fully wedged in the corners and never charges.

The company again was very helpful and quickly turned around a "trim ring" that would sit inside the charger to keep the phone away from the edges now. Works great and no issues anymore.

As far as charging + using wireless CarPlay simultaneously, it does work generally well. If my battery is depleted it will charge up to 80%, but it seems to never go past 80% on the wireless charger and running CarPlay. I am ok with this personally, 80% is plenty of battery.

Overall I like the console, it's a nice product and even with a few hiccups along the way the company did make things right.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wireless charging Sanctum console from Leatherseats IMG_2887

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
This is a neat idea. All in for 500 bucks though. (Wireless CarPlay and armrest) 500 is a lot for an armrest, charger, and wireless CarPlay.
If you got it, spend it.
Sponsored