Wireless carplay adapter for jeep wrangler

Hohnan

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW
One thing I didn’t think about was that now my phone isnt plugged in it doesn’t charge which can be a problem when running Waze 🙄
I grabbed a MagSafe charger that charges the phone in the holder. Got a BulletPoint mount that I'll be using to mount that charger to once my Jeep is delivered.

Just have to have a case that will allow the magnets to hold.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yes, so a dash arm with a automatic self-closing holder with a cable plugged into the main power port. Waze and Spotify kill my battery on any length drive. But most of my drives don't require charging.
I was thinking about that as in other vehicles I've used pro-clip mounts but never liked their solution for the jeep. also, if it plugs into the USB would it override the wireless connection?

I grabbed a MagSafe charger that charges the phone in the holder. Got a BulletPoint mount that I'll be using to mount that charger to once my Jeep is delivered.

Just have to have a case that will allow the magnets to hold.
I have an iphone 13 but have never looked into the magsafe stuff. Do you have a recommended brand / model? Which of the bulletpoint mounts do you have and how will you set it up? Curious what's the most cost effective way to go.

thx

Hohnan

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW
I have an iphone 13 but have never looked into the magsafe stuff. Do you have a recommended brand / model? Which of the bulletpoint mounts do you have and how will you set it up? Curious what's the most cost effective way to go.

thx
I have the ESR HaloLock Dashboard Magnetic Wireless Charger in my Silverado. I purchased the Bulletpoint Mounting Base for my soon to be delivered(hopefully) Willys and this Carbon Fiber/Kevlar Hybrid Mount Arm to adapt it for the mounting base.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about that as in other vehicles I've used pro-clip mounts but never liked their solution for the jeep. also, if it plugs into the USB would it override the wireless connection?
My holder/charger ONLY charges. It's a MagicGrip from ProClip so no overriding of the wireless connection.

Sponsored

Punkn Expo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
CarPlay was an absolute game-changer for me. I purchased a new jeep wrangler last year and it was a huge part in determining which car I chose. I’m glad someone figured out a way to get UX design decisions away from automakers who tend to make convoluted and clunky UI.
at the same time, I also bought a carlinkit 3.0 carplay adapter which comes from https://autokitcarplay.com/blogs/autokit-blogs/product-u2w-plus
Using this product. Only had it a week but so far so good.
I did the same as you however went with the TNVTEC Carplay Adapter [ https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09M3T77HL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 ]. I also set up a magsafe phone holder on the vent so all I have to do is drop my iphone on the holder and it magnetically attaches without any issues. I drove from FL to PA and locally in PA for 2 months now with no major issues. Occaisionally if I turn engine on and off within a short period of time I do sometimes have to manually reconnect to Adapter using my iphone, but this happens rarely. Anyway I've noticed that the center console USB is unswitched, meaning it continues to have power even when the Jeep isn't running. I'm looking into how I might change the center console USB to switched because I'm not sure that constant power is a good thing for the Adapter (or the battery). Any thoughts? Thanks.

travis_cooper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
I did the same as you however went with the TNVTEC Carplay Adapter [ https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09M3T77HL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 ]. I also set up a magsafe phone holder on the vent so all I have to do is drop my iphone on the holder and it magnetically attaches without any issues. I drove from FL to PA and locally in PA for 2 months now with no major issues. Occaisionally if I turn engine on and off within a short period of time I do sometimes have to manually reconnect to Adapter using my iphone, but this happens rarely. Anyway I've noticed that the center console USB is unswitched, meaning it continues to have power even when the Jeep isn't running. I'm looking into how I might change the center console USB to switched because I'm not sure that constant power is a good thing for the Adapter (or the battery). Any thoughts? Thanks.
From the manual:
The Smart Charging USB ports provide power to your device up to an hour after the vehicle is turned off.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I love the wireless CarPlay in my Silverado and would like that in my Jeep.

Anyone know of a company outside of a CCP controlled country that manufactures one?
motorola makes one...about 86.00 directly from motorola

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Our Uconnect system is one of the best ones in the business. I haven’t had the need to use anything else. Not even the Android Auto app included with the Jeep.

In fact, I used Android Auto a few times and disabled it. I find Uconnect much better overall.

Hohnan

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
thanks For the post - I picked one up on Amazon a couple of days ago.

One thing I didn’t think about was that now my phone isnt plugged in it doesn’t charge which can be a problem when running Waze 🙄

FYI - on Amazon there is a little coupon button near the price when you go to check out. It reduced the price to $86 for me.

Also, one of the reviews on Amazon had some great instructions on how to set it up so you don’t have issues. I followed this (not the manual that comes with it) and within 5 min it was up and running perfectly. Connects right up when I start the Jeep too.

D8DF48D1-7872-4392-9750-CC1BAF8DCE86.jpeg
Excellent.

I've had bad experience.

I bought the CarlinKit 4.0 adapter from amazon.ca Did everything as you said. It worked....and then it didn't.

15 minute drive to work it drops out and resets about 3 times every time I drive.

5 hour Christmas drive ended up unplugging the dongle, and going back to wired Apple CarPlay.

The vendor is QuTi or whatever....and they said the following.

1. The phone used cannot have any bluetooth or wireless connections. None. No connections.

2. The phone(s) used must be paired through the device.

3. If the phone is paired to any other device (like hearing aids, and iWatch) the dongle won't work.

My issue: I have Phonak bluetooth hearing aids. They are paired to my work supplied iPhone. And....the APP that controls my hearing aids is on that iPhone. I work in construction. I must have hands free connection to my iPhone. This works.

After sales service was very hard to get. I got it through amazon.ca Amazon has authorized the return of the carlinKit 4.0 to them, and will refund the $110 CDN to me.

I hope you have better luck.

DaveL
Toronto

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Excellent.

I've had bad experience.

I bought the CarlinKit 4.0 adapter from amazon.ca Did everything as you said. It worked....and then it didn't.

15 minute drive to work it drops out and resets about 3 times every time I drive.

5 hour Christmas drive ended up unplugging the dongle, and going back to wired Apple CarPlay.

The vendor is QuTi or whatever....and they said the following.

1. The phone used cannot have any bluetooth or wireless connections. None. No connections.

2. The phone(s) used must be paired through the device.

3. If the phone is paired to any other device (like hearing aids, and iWatch) the dongle won't work.

My issue: I have Phonak bluetooth hearing aids. They are paired to my work supplied iPhone. And....the APP that controls my hearing aids is on that iPhone. I work in construction. I must have hands free connection to my iPhone. This works.

After sales service was very hard to get. I got it through amazon.ca Amazon has authorized the return of the carlinKit 4.0 to them, and will refund the $110 CDN to me.

I hope you have better luck.

DaveL
Toronto
wow that was a post from a while ago. Anyway - from 9 months ago it’s still going strong for me with no issues. My phone is connected to other things and it doesnt seem to cause an issue eg an iWatch
Sponsored