2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The USB-C that I linked in Post#6 works great and is a perfect length. Even the 90 degree angles work perfectly in the cubby hole space.
Thanks! I ordered a standard USB-A to -C adapter. I'll order yours and see. (Right now I'm just firing parts at this part of my car. I don't know....when I touch it it turns to cr*p.

Dave
Sponsored

OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I contacted the manufacturer. Here's their response.....

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

This is Hilary from carlinkitcarplay.com service for you.

Please kindly note our policies and service are only for items purchased from carlinkitcarplay.com.

If you purchase the device from another third website that is not owned by us, please find the distributor where you bought the product for help or you can contact www.carlinkit.com or please contact [email protected].

Any other questions please feel free to contact us, we are always here online to give you support ASAP within 24 hours.

Regards

Hilary from Carlinkit Carplay Team

Yes...I bought it from amazon.ca

It's a disappointment

Christmas trip--5 hours-- Heavy snowfall and Waze was essential. When the CarLinkit failed, it was unplugged. Back to using wired apple CarPlay in the Jeep.
Recommendation--keep your old cord with you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I sent an email to the company that makes/sells them.

Here's the response.

"
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

This is Hilary from carlinkitcarplay.com service for you.

Please kindly note our policies and service are only for items purchased from carlinkitcarplay.com.

If you purchase the device from another third website that is not owned by us, please find the distributor where you bought the product for help or you can contact www.carlinkit.com or please contact [email protected].

Any other questions please feel free to contact us, we are always here online to give you support ASAP within 24 hours.

Regards

Hilary from Carlinkit Carplay Team

I bought from amazon.ca.....no service from the maker.

OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've contacted the manufacturer through amazon in Canada.

A partial answer--the dongle cannot contact any other device using wifi or bluetooth. Therefore, it cannot work with my iPhone SE as it MUST be paired with my bluetooth hearing aids for safety reasons. I also have it connected to my iWatch 6 with wifi and bluetooth.

Dongle doesn't work; can't work.

Solution appears to be to buy a Jeep Grand Wagoneer. ;0

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
How are you making out?

I'm having troubles. It worked well at first....two phones paired in the JLUR '22.

Now it keeps dropping out.

Dongle is plugged into the outlet in the console.

Please let me know how you solved problems if you had any....

Thanks in advance

DaveL
Toronto
I had the same power-issue thing and returned mine. The power unit would reboot sporadically too. I do have a console safe in the Jeep, and that might have affected the signal as well.

I am contemplating buying another, opening up the back (rear passenger side) of the console, disconnecting the USB in the center console from the rear seat side, and mounting the carplay adaptor (hidden within) in the back of the console/vent area. BUT....I've read lots of posts saying that the Jeep power isn't reliable or good enough to power the carplay adaptor from this connection spot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My experience...

I use the same dongle on our '21 and '20 plugged into the dash USB port and they work fine for me. They do not work consistently from the console USB no matter what I do (updates, USB C adapter, etc). Now I just leave the dongle plugged into the dash USB and velcroed it below the dash.

OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My issue---I have bluetooth hearing aids.They are paired to my iPhone. That's wonderful. I hear phone calls through them; I use the microphones in the hearing aids as phone mikes. However, the dongle won't work if there are devices connected by wifi or bluetooth. The hearing aids are necessary because of huge hearing loss due to noise at work.

My only criticism is that the dongle seller knows, but doesn't advise vendors so we can make the right choice.

OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks Tom.

I appreciate your help.

However, I have an email from Customer Service saying that since my first need is to communicate between my hearing aids and my phone, their device will not work. Furthermore, they said that I should contact amazon.ca and arrange for a full refund.

Based on their help, I shall change my feedback and acknowledge that they have provided good after sales service to me.

DaveL
Toronto
Sponsored