Wire-to-battery pass

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2.0 2019
What better place to pass an additional wire straight from the battery into the vehicle? Wire to connect a communication radio.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
What better place to pass an additional wire straight from the battery into the vehicle? Wire to connect a communication radio.
@Anibal

Do you have manual or automatic shift?

IF you have an automatic JL, there is an easy to use grommet on the driver's side. Would be where the clutch pedal would go through if the JL was a manual shift.

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
I used the grommet where the clutch should be to run an antenna wire, not too hard to reach, but it did pop out and I nearly lost it. I’ve also heard that you can remove the cowl panel between the hood and window, lower the window (windshield), run your wire through the weatherstripping/window opening, through the cowl area and into the engine compartment. That’ll probably be a lot shorter run. For my small radio I ran a wire from the rear cigarette lighter to my radio and set the fuse position to always on.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...wiring-through-jl-firewall.48434/post-1072029

Above is a excellent thread on how to do this. You need to remove the battery/power fuse box but behind that is a large grommet in the firewall with an unused nipple waiting for exactly this purpose.

It is well worth the effort to do it the correct way and doesn't take too long.

The other option if you have the AUX switches is to use one of those to power the radio.

OP
OP
Anibal

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2.0 2019
Thank you very much for the excellent guidelines.
Sponsored