Wint's Black JL SPORT S 2-DOOR

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
I Just Bought this 2-Door Sport S Manual Transmission and I'm not sure what I'm going to do to it yet, but I will post as go. I'm thinking about doing some 37" tires and a 3.5" lift kit. I got a good price on the 2-door at the Elk Grove Jeep dealer. $2,500 off MSRP so I ended up with a soft top and a non-sting gray wrangler. But, the black is really nice, and I was shocked at how quiet the soft top was on the freeway I was guessing it would be much louder.

IMG_9185.jpg
Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
The 2 door premium soft top is reasonably quiet.. I got 66 db on my sound meter at 60 mph.

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2 door premium soft top is reasonably quiet.. I got 66 db on my sound meter at 60 mph.
Yes, this is the premium soft top on this one. I don't notice the noise with the radio on (which is always on when I'm driving).

It also has that anti-slip rear differential on it.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Gorgeous. I'm not the most amazing negotiator, and only pulled $1100 off a 2 door Sport on my order. For $2500 off I would've happily gone with an S!

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gorgeous. I'm not the most amazing negotiator, and only pulled $1100 off a 2 door Sport on my order. For $2500 off I would've happily gone with an S!
I went in to order a bone stock 2 door wrangler sport at the Roseville auto mall. They told me I wouldn't see it until OCTOBER because of something at the factory. I'm not in a place where I could wait that long. A day later, this one shows up on the elk grove dealer's lot. They had one more sport there in black that was a hard top, but it was an automatic transmission and didn't have the rear diff upgrade. might still be there. kinda hard to find the 2-doors right now. There are a TONS of the 4 door JK's on the lots.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went in to order a bone stock 2 door wrangler sport at the Roseville auto mall. They told me I wouldn't see it until OCTOBER because of something at the factory. I'm not in a place where I could wait that long. A day later, this one shows up on the elk grove dealer's lot. They had one more sport there in black that was a hard top, but it was an automatic transmission and didn't have the rear diff upgrade. might still be there. kinda hard to find the 2-doors right now. There are a TONS of the 4 door JK's on the lots.
I mean JL's. ton's of 4-door JL's.

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, been moving pretty slow. but I have lots of upgrades I've done. I have upgraded the front bumper with the new Quadratec bumper. I got the bumper in 12 hours and it was free shipping. and the bumper was very reasonable like $350 or something like that. I also bought new lighting which I haven't installed yet from Diode dynamics (Led turn signal upgrade) and new headlights from Titan offroad which look similar to the factory leds. I hope I get some time soon to install it all! I also added a shade top from Jtops usa in the titanium black and grey flag color as well as Mopar floor mats and the front wind deflector from AVS.

IMG_2910.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The instructions with the bumper were very straightforward. You reuse the fog lights and wiring harness from the factory bumper. I bought the D-rings and D-ring isolators on Amazon for like $18. For now I just zip-tied my license plate to the bumper until I figure out exactly how I want to mount it.

IMG_2892.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my diode dynamic switchback LED turn signals last night. it wasn't too difficult with the quick splice connectors. just pull out the old amber incandescent bulb and pop in the new one. then clamp the quicksplice over the white/green wire and a resistor to splice those together and then clamp the other quicksplice over the black wire and push the other end of the resistor into that to finish the connection and prevent hyper flash. then viola! its much brighter now! I still have to take out the old headlights. These really help see in the dark! I felt much more comfortable driving in the early morning.

IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2951.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More shots of the lights at night.

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Titan Offroad Headlights. I have to say, the instructions were total crap for the brackets and there was no mention of how to connect the Halos into the Daytime running lights. luckily my dad was an aircraft mechanic. There are two bolts and two push pins on the inner fender liner near the turn signals that have to be removed and then you just use a quick splice connector on the brown and white wire (DRL wire). The lights didn't come with a wire to splice to the DRL so I dug some up in my garage. use the black adapter for the JL's. I used the blue one at first and almost had a fit when the plugs didn't match up but that's because the blue adapter must be for the JK's and I didn't initially see the black adapter in the box.

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

OP
OP
Weird Wint

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are definitely brighter than stock. That red wire in the photo a couple up was the wire I added to splice into the DRL. I ran it under the fender liner.

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg
Sponsored