Sponsored

Winter is coming, and so is salt. My jeeps owner is confused as to what to protect.

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I keep a few spray cans of fluid film on hand. Every oil change the under carriage and drive train get's an inspection and some part gets a squirt. I'll have to look for the black stuff next time I stock up.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Just took it for a drive. My eyes were watering and I got lightheaded until I opened my windows.
You must have gotten the manifold ...well good thing you opened the window! It does burn off tho...and will be fine. Keep your window open till your sure it has tho.

OP
OP
bicepsmctouchdown

bicepsmctouchdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport Alt (on order)
Just as a follow to anyone reading this thread.

Coated the underbelly of my jeep with fluid film.

Got a bit overzealous and may have sprayed the manifold.

Almost passed out while driving from the fumes of it burning off.

One week later, it smells fine and hopefully is ready for a Chicago winter.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I also recommend fluid film. Been using it for years with very little new rust on cars here in Michigan. This year i am going to add woolwax to the mix as i have also heard good things about it as well.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Avoid the exhaust and rubber surfaces if you can. On the can it has a warning about certain rubbers swelling. I have over sprayed and hit my tires on occasion with no issue tho. The areas i focus on are the axels, skid surfaces, inside of the frame, outside of the frame that's reachable and the lower part of the shocks and shock mounts. Around here in PA that's the first spot getting rust on untreated jeeps. The stuff collects grime like crazy and multiple layers build up on each other. But it works. One job should be good for the winter but if you use a pressure washer or get the under carriage washed, its not a bad idea to do a quick touch up. Not even a cans worth, just enough to get the areas that would have been hit directly.
Sponsored