Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got my lights yesterday and put them in this morning, pretty simple install you just remove the stock lights and put these in, no brackets to swap and just the one connector.

Winjet does design the lights to hold the BSM and include the harness you just have to swap out some pieces but for me it was just the one plastic bolt and one connector.

The lights seem to be of good quality and initially they were both lit but then the passenger parking LED was out after I moved my Jeep around, not sure why but I thought oh crap…so I pulled the light and connector back out and looked for any bent pins or connector being loose but all was snug so just disconnected and reseated and they firmly snap into place so we will see and they have a 1 yr warranty and I’m keeping my stock lights just in case.

The one thing with the LED parking lamps is they only come on when the headlamps come on so during the day just the front DRL’s are lit unless I turn the parking lights on manually but I doubt I will do that.

Anyway enough rambling here are some pics, I do hope they hold up as they look very nice over stock and love the sequential turns.

Stock Halogen

Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 3C7C95DC-E0C1-4888-BB1C-424DE633A982
Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps EEF298C1-33D6-4514-BFEC-BA7F217BD82E
Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 5C476169-5FEB-4FA5-9BF5-914A18333980

New Winjet Renegade LED’s

Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 9B575A64-23EB-48DF-854D-573E2CEEA519
Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps AFF3B12F-9C9F-4671-B577-4EAFAF1A642A

Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 5C896495-3E4B-4144-9566-ACAEAD4156A0

Original Halogen next to new Winjet Renegade.

Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 1394BF37-CE12-4877-8187-079E4D400C57
Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 837F6E57-BA72-493A-B257-19D8768600EE
Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps CE59EAF8-AAB8-44AF-B122-C7EA83A763E2

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The one thing with the LED parking lamps is they only come on when the headlamps come on so during the day just the front DRL’s are lit unless I turn the parking lights on manually
Mine are the same way. Stock was also the same. DRLs are generally front facing.

The new lights look good on your rig.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are the same way. Stock was also the same. DRLs are generally front facing.

The new lights look good on your rig.
I originally was going to go with the smoked version but in the end decided on red also hope no issues with the passenger side parking light and hoping it was a loose connection but they do have a 1 yr warranty 👍🏻

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well my LED project seems to be taking a back step, I noticed that the passenger parking light and side marker have an apparent issue, when I first start the Jeep all is well but sometimes during a 30 min or so drive the side marker and running light go out but the turn signal, brake and reverse light all work but if I shut the Jeep off and restart it comes back on.

I have triple checked connections and it’s not tough as it’s just the one factory plug so back to Amazon, I would contact the maker to address but lights that are only a week old is a bad sign and I don’t want to be chasing issues for the duration of the 1 year warranty

This particular issue has happened several times and at first was thinking a loose connection but that’s not it so guessing some relay or resistor that controls that part is overheating

Jeep Wrangler JL Winjet Renegade LED Tail Lamps 36AE10F2-38F4-4AF0-A3D7-EE687CA8D3CF

Last edited:
OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Also note and this may be part of the problem ( not sure) but I discussed this with @jludave

These Winjet lights are available thru Amazon and a few other sources but I found this out afterward that Winjet has a bad boy list on there site under the “ Unauthorized Sellers” section and SSR Motoring ( Ridexpression) is on that list and thats who I got them from and Winjet advises on there site that these may not be there lights even if they are marked as Winjet but reviews on Amazon are for the most part ok but several have reported the same issues I am having so thank goodness I am well within the return window on Amazon.

I was going to get another set from a recognized seller but I may take a few days to decide and I don’t want to keep doing this with lights, I did reach out to the Seller on Amazon and also sent Winjet an email to see what there responses are and will post here for those that are interested.

I have found some other LED lamp options like Oracle black out tails and have reached out to JP at Oracle to get some info but like I said not in a rush and when I get home in the morning from work I have to pull the lights and put my trusty halogens back in and drop the Winjets back to UPS for there ride home to Amazon.
Sponsored