Windshield Wiper Problem in JLU Sahara

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
My 2018 JLU Sahara's windshield wipers are out of control. They turn on automatically and won't turn off. I can't change the setting to intermittent or hi, they just don't stop, even in the OFF position. I recorded video but can only post a screen shot (you can see the wipers still going when the switch is turned off). I emailed the dealership, waiting for a reply. I got my JLU January 15th and this has been happening off and on since last week.

wipers.jpeg
Sponsored

R&R

First Name
Flloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P51D Yellow Submarine
If you've got auto rain sensing wipers, you could try going into the Uconnect and toggling that feature off. Likely not the problem, because the switch should over ride that, but at least its out of the equation.

Last edited:

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel
so they havent cured the electrical glitches jeeps are renouned for that will only hurt sales here in aus where everyone loves toyota & doesnt trust jeep sorry to hear it i was hoping they had made an effort

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
so they havent cured the electrical glitches jeeps are renouned for that will only hurt sales here in aus where everyone loves toyota & doesnt trust jeep sorry to hear it i was hoping they had made an effort
I think it’s a bit premature to come to that conclusion

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
If you've got auto rain sensing wipers, you could try going into the Uconnect and toggling that feature off. Likely not the problem, because the switch should over ride that, but at least its out of the equation.
The JL has auto sensing wipers??

R&R

First Name
Flloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P51D Yellow Submarine
The JL has auto sensing wipers??
Read that right in the JL manual I downloaded from site.

edit Under 'safety and driver assistance' for the Nav 4 ... page 542

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Read that right in the JL manual I downloaded from site.

edit Under 'safety and driver assistance' for the Nav 4 ... page 542
I think that's generic Uconnect info for vehicles that have it like the grand cherokee.

Sponsored

R&R

First Name
Flloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P51D Yellow Submarine
I think that's generic Uconnect info for vehicles that have it like the grand cherokee.
Could be I suppose, but when you read it in the '2018 JL Wrangler Manual', you kind of assume thats what it applies to.

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
There are no rain sensing wipers, not yet. There are other Jeep vehicle manuals it appeared in (like the Renegade) where it took at least year before it was actually available. Same for auto high beams.

You could expect it around the same time we get the rest of the safety gear that is surely coming soon. I think they could make it all work despite the folding glass, it would all be installed attached to the rear view mirror anyways.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 JLU Sahara's windshield wipers are out of control. They turn on automatically and won't turn off. I can't change the setting to intermittent or hi, they just don't stop, even in the OFF position. I recorded video but can only post a screen shot (you can see the wipers still going when the switch is turned off). I emailed the dealership, waiting for a reply. I got my JLU January 15th and this has been happening off and on since last week.

wipers.jpeg
So what's the dealership saying/doing about this? Any update?

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
The switch does not over ride the rain sensor switch, you have to turn it off by its self. Hope this is your problem, keep us posted.
Sponsored