Windshield wiper housing has sun damage

Jus-T

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 Yukon Denali, 2014 BMW 3 series
Hello, I have sun damage to the black area where the windshield wipers connect to the hood. I have a 2018 JLRU with 20k miles. I’m about to hit my 2 year mark, is this covered by the warranty? If not, does anyone know where I can find a new replacement part? So far, it’s the only part that is fading. I have been unable to find any information about this. I appreciate any help with this, thanks!

F9BD36A3-E677-4001-92EF-E6265F7BADFB.jpeg
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not covered by warranty most likely. The only place to replace that part is OEM through dealership or online dealer part source.
Or you could simply use products like 303 protectant or Chemical Guys Black on Black that will make it like new without replacing it.

OP
OP
Jus-T

Jus-T

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not covered by warranty most likely. The only place to replace that part is OEM through dealership or online dealer part source.
Or you could simply use products like 303 protectant or Chemical Guys Black on Black that will make it like new without replacing it.
Thank you for your reply. I figured it wasn’t covered, but I couldn’t find an answer. I’ve been using 303 on my Jeep since I got it. That’s why I was surprised to have this issue, at least all of my other plastic parts are good to go. I’ll give the chemical guys a shot.

OP
OP
Jus-T

Jus-T

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks you for your reply. I have been parking in my driveway for the last two years, and that always worried me. It’s weird to me that it’s only one part, the others look brand new. I’m moving into a house with a three car garage and I’ll finally be able to park in the garage, I’ll probably replace the part when I move.

Sponsored

theWidgetman

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door Sport S
I’m having a similar issue with only that one part having sun damage. I was thinking maybe heat venting from the engine could be increasing the wear.
Sponsored