KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I found one note on this and the resolution wasn't helpful. Washer fluid level low on the dash. Reservoir is full and works. Rear harness didn't get connected last time I took the roof off and plugged that in. I am thinking a new sensor is needed. Some talk of Rain-x being responsible (yes, I did use) and the sensor in the rear was replaced with resolution. Where is the sensor? I don't get it and not worth $120 min shop fee for repair. It is part number 9 in the diagram below:

Washer Fluid Level Sensor - Mopar (5152029AB)

You can get to it from the drivers side wheel well without disassembly, just drain washer fluid out first.

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Washer Sensor - Dash Warning Light Stays On 2cb5eea78866b81b96bd0ecfdaffe0ef

And part 5 here:

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Washer Sensor - Dash Warning Light Stays On Clipboard01
Sponsored

Last edited:

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport
I know that this is a bit of an older thread, but I just got around to dealing with mine today. I used Rain-x windshield washer fluid and have had the light on for some time. I had tried a couple of tanks worth of the regular blue fluid, but the Rain-x fluid just really gunks up the sensor contacts (and the inside of the resorvoir as well). That stuff is terrible and they should face a class-action lawsuit, as I'm sure that others have spent money in dealer repairs and their own time in other cases. I'm posting a few pics to show the orange gunk in the reservoir and on the contacts of the sensor, along with the location and the wheel well liner that needs to have the push rivet popped out. I pumped out my windshield washer fluid with a Mityvac (and later just pumped it back in). So once you pop that push rivet out, you will come up from underneath the reservoir and pull out the black sensor housing. It's a bit tough to pull out, so a screwdriver might help if you can get to it. It is very tight in that engine bay and difficult to see the sensor even when you know where it is
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Washer Sensor - Dash Warning Light Stays On IMG_0317
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Washer Sensor - Dash Warning Light Stays On IMG_0310
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Washer Sensor - Dash Warning Light Stays On IMG_0311
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Washer Sensor - Dash Warning Light Stays On IMG_0307
. The electrical connection can be removed after you remove the sensor from the reservoir. The electrical connection has a red tab on the side that needs to be pushed up for removal. Once you get the sensor out, just scrub off the sensor/metal tabs with soapy water or alcohol (cover the side where the electrical connection plugs in with tape to prevent water from getting in there during the cleaning of the sensor tabs). Installation is the reverse. My light went off and I'll avoid any Rain-x product like the plague now.

OP
OP
kculp

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, RainX should be taken off the market. My reservoir was also filthy and was difficult to clean out, all gunked up.

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I was able to tape a toothbrush and alcohol wipe onto a metal straw to reach to the sensor and clean the gunk off of the contacts. YMMV

Screenshot_20221210-171753_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221210-171743_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored