Windshield rests/washer nozzles - denting or cupping in hood at mount points

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
The hood on my 2 week old JL Sport Is slightly caved in around the windshield rests. One side is worse than the other. I am not clinically OCD but I do have tendencies so it’s difficult to brush it off as just “a Jeep thing” and forget about it.
Surprisingly, I can’t find a single mention of it anywhere online so I’m posting here to see if anyone else has noticed this. I would post pictures but they don’t show the problem well enough to do so. I plan to check out the dealership’s lot tomorrow and see if this is common or rare. Hopefully they have a few Wranglers to compare between.
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The hood on my 2 week old JL Sport Is slightly caved in around the windshield rests. One side is worse than the other. I am not clinically OCD but I do have tendencies so it’s difficult to brush it off as just “a Jeep thing” and forget about it.
Surprisingly, I can’t find a single mention of it anywhere online so I’m posting here to see if anyone else has noticed this. I would post pictures but they don’t show the problem well enough to do so. I plan to check out the dealership’s lot tomorrow and see if this is common or rare. Hopefully they have a few Wranglers to compare between.
Never seen that one, but if it looks any different than the many on your dealer's lot you'll very likely get it swapped without issue.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have a hint of it on both sides. For a flat panel, it’s going to be difficult to punch out the sheetmetal for the installation points without ANY distortion whatsoever in my opinion going off my experience with body panels. I wouldn’t sweat it or get a matte wrap or decal on the hood to hide it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Never seen that one, but if it looks any different than the many on your dealer's lot you'll very likely get it swapped without issue.
I was at a sports event this afternoon where there were a lot of JLs in the parking lot. Half had the dents, the others didn’t. So it looks like the manufacturing plant does this randomly.

OP
OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Dealership probably opened the hood all the way to the windshield a little too hard when doing the pdi
I don’t think so. The rests don’t come in contact with anything when all the way back.

OP
OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I have a hint of it on both sides. For a flat panel, it’s going to be difficult to punch out the sheetmetal for the installation points without ANY distortion whatsoever in my opinion going off my experience with body panels. I wouldn’t sweat it or get a matte wrap or decal on the hood to hide it.
It looks like enough of you have the same issue so I will not sweat it and Will let it go. It is, however, hard for me to imagine those white gloved QC workers featured in the Toledo plant videos running their hands up and down the finished product, seeing these defects and saying “yeah, that looks okay - ship it”.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Mine have a slight depression but wouldn’t call it a dent.

If that’s bugging you don’t look at the door hinges.
I’ve heard but at least that Issue is somewhat self inflicted

OP
OP
Chazdog

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I am reviving this topic in hopes that more of you will chime in. I shot a photo to illustrate what I’m talking about. If these dents weren’t in my line of sight, I might be able to chalk it up to shoddy Jeep workmanship and move on. I did have a conversation with Jeep Cares and they think it’s a problem but of course, directed me to my dealership. I haven’t had a chance to do that but can pretty much predict what they will say.
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield rests/washer nozzles - denting or cupping in hood at mount points 7883550E-8F76-40DE-AE1E-CF19EF47EB9E

Beer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 f250 Lariat, 2019 Corvette Z06
That definitely looks like an issue that would concern me. Even thou we have different hoods mine is not dented like yours but I do have the door hinge over torque and it's waving at me. Good luck at the dealer.

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG
Sponsored