Sponsored

Windshield recalibration with lift/large tires

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This can't be the first person in 4 years that has replaced a windshield with ASG and a lift. Methinks there is some confusion here.

On a side note, if you leave your bypass cable connected, they can't do the calibration after they've installed the glass and it's not like they're gonna tank it out again. I would love to see some true tests between calibrated and uncalibrated though.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Interesting that OP hasn't returned to comment on all the confusion. What's up OP? You don't generally recalibrate glass, unless you move it around ever so slightly within the frame. That's almost an impossibility. You do recalibrate sensors or cameras or radar units etc...

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Looking at the FSM, there is a procedure. Pretty basic, it does say to do it when a windsheild is replaced or Tire diameter has been changed.

There are two possible codes that would require it as well: Calibration not learned Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) (C008F-00) or Sensor Adjustment Required DTC (C14A4-00) are present

Basically, the process is to put an angle gauge on the fins of the module and get it at -1* by adjusting an alignment screw, then
1. After completing the vertical alignment, connect the diagnostic scan tool to the vehicle.
2. Select the “DASM ECU” and then select the “Miscellaneous Functions” tab.
3. Select and run the “DASM Auto Alignment” procedure and follow the on screen prompts to complete DASM calibration.

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course.

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I'm impressed that this thread went from Uh? WTF? To Oh here is what you need, in like 12hrs.
Good job team!

Don_TLR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XR
Recalibrate the Camera's or sensors maybe? My tesla is going in for a windshield and will have to have this done by the installer, maybe she just interpreted the info wrong.

https://windshieldcalibration.com

What is ADAS?
ADAS stands for “Advanced Driver(s) Assistance Systems”. These systems rely upon cameras, lasers, and radar – often with the camera mounting to the windshield. Any time a new windshield is installed, the camera must be calibrated to ensure proper functionality and to restore the camera to OEM specifications.

Examples of ADAS applications are:
  • Lane Departure Warning
  • Collision Warning
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Park Assist
  • Automatic Cruise Control
  • Pedestrian Protection
  • Headlights Control

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Easy peasy. Pull up perpendicular to a 6" curb and have them calibrate based on the top of the sidewalk.

OP
OP

Teasbey

First Name
Tonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 2021
Post author here to clarify: Satellite and Dealership service department used the word "recalibrate" to me... if it's the wrong word maybe they thought "a lil lady" wouldn't understand true vernacular?

Anyway, the official issue is "DASM Auto Alignment Procedure will not complete if vehicle is above stock ride height. ACC & FCM systems will not complete in WiTech after windshield has been replaced... DASM will report COO8F and/or C14A4 faults. This could be caused by aftermarket wheels, tires or lift kit."

So strange that a 2" lift and 35" wheels would cause problems to a vehicle the manufacturer assumes will be modified. I still haven't found an answer. Thank you to those working this out in their own jumbled brains, too!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Post author here to clarify: Satellite and Dealership service department used the word "recalibrate" to me... if it's the wrong word maybe they thought "a lil lady" wouldn't understand true vernacular?

Anyway, the official issue is "DASM Auto Alignment Procedure will not complete if vehicle is above stock ride height. ACC & FCM systems will not complete in WiTech after windshield has been replaced... DASM will report COO8F and/or C14A4 faults. This could be caused by aftermarket wheels, tires or lift kit."

So strange that a 2" lift and 35" wheels would cause problems to a vehicle the manufacturer assumes will be modified. I still haven't found an answer. Thank you to those working this out in their own jumbled brains, too!
To start from the beginning. Why did you have the dealer recalibrate? Was it because the windshield replacement threw the code?

If so, I'd think the sensor was knocked out of alignment during the replacement.

If not, why was it recalibrated?

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If every vehicle on the road had a lift kit would the problem go away? Lift 'em all!
Sponsored