Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR, , 84 CJ7 , 22 TREMOR, 23 Model Y
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
I ran into these guys at SEMA 2021. They are the same people who make it for Nascar. Racing optics Looks like a way to prevent windshield damage. Video here - Instagram Video
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Protection Like Nascar from SEMA 2021 Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 3.33.07 PM
Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Interesting! For $199 for a kit, I would try it. It includes 3 layers and each layer should give you around 6 months. Looks easy enough to install. Great option right after you get a new windshield installed.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Interesting! For $199 for a kit, I would try it. It includes 3 layers and each layer should give you around 6 months. Looks easy enough to install. Great option right after you get a new windshield installed.
That is Exactly what myself and a few other posters on this forum have done! Installed mine about 5 months ago and the first layer is still perfect. I am waiting till after the winter season ....snow/salt and ice is over. Then I'll pull the first layer. It was an easy application but had some milky bubbles stick around for about a month until dissipating. All is great..they are a good company and very responsive to customer concerns. I had gone through 3 windshields and decided to try it....have had no more pits or problems with anything smacking the screen and cracking or leaving any blemishes.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm averaging 1 windshield in 18 months. I paid $179 OTD for my new windshield. I think I'll stick with just the glass until that number goes south.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve used them (twice). First installation was kinda rushed and I got quite a few air bubbles in the screen. RacingOptics customer service was amazing and sent me over a new set.

Jeep has almost 6k miles on it now and I havenā€™t replaced a layer yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
goose77

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! i'm going to try it. Seems like a great option

DunelandFab

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Great video... if you were in doubt the plastic sheet would come off the windshield, all of your questions have been answered. For 50% of the cost of a new windshield (assuming you don't have a much lower deductible) I'm going to need to see a projectile hit a windshield without chipping. Cost prohibitive, I think I'll wait for some competition in this space.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I'm averaging 1 windshield in 18 months. I paid $179 OTD for my new windshield. I think I'll stick with just the glass until that number goes south.
I replaced 2 windshields in the past 5 months but they were way more expensive than that paying out of pocket. Just curious, is that OTD price with insurance on the hook for the rest?

I remember the replacement glass being much more like ~$200 for my TJs so it was never a huge hit to just pay out of pocket even though it was every 12 months or so, but that was years ago.

Unfortunately for me my deductibles were way too high for glass and I neglected to change my policy in time for the second one šŸ˜­

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Great video... if you were in doubt the plastic sheet would come off the windshield, all of your questions have been answered. For 50% of the cost of a new windshield (assuming you don't have a much lower deductible) I'm going to need to see a projectile hit a windshield without chipping. Cost prohibitive, I think I'll wait for some competition in this space.
It's actually 110% of what I paid for a replacement aftermarket windshield. And like you, I don't know how many less windshields I'd have to buy if I used this product. I doubt we'll ever get and meaningful data on that.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I think Iā€™d pay like ~$400-500 after insurance if I was replacing the OEM windshield with gorilla glass.

Mainly got this since gorilla glass was not an option at the time of my order but since this summer Iā€™ve seen a fair amount of gravel or debris bounce off this with no pitting. Itā€™s done itā€™s job so far.

A few things to note:
The screen doesnā€™t cover the entire windshield. Youā€™ll have about 1/2 inch on all sides thatā€™s exposed if youā€™re unlucky enough to get hit there.

Itā€™s stated that the product is hydrophobic but in actual rain it doesnā€™t help much. I still apply RainX over it.

I have a very faint partial wiper streak near the top of the windshield that I notice only when lighting is just right.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think Iā€™d pay like ~$400-500 after insurance if I was replacing the OEM windshield with gorilla glass.

Mainly got this since gorilla glass was not an option at the time of my order but since this summer Iā€™ve seen a fair amount of gravel or debris bounce off this with no pitting. Itā€™s done itā€™s job so far.

A few things to note:
The screen doesnā€™t cover the entire windshield. Youā€™ll have about 1/2 inch on all sides thatā€™s exposed if youā€™re unlucky enough to get hit there.

Itā€™s stated that the product is hydrophobic but in actual rain it doesnā€™t help much. I still apply RainX over it.

I have a very faint partial wiper streak near the top of the windshield that I notice only when lighting is just right.
I'm on the fence on Gorilla Glass. One poster had his crack. I guess it's not bulletproof.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
TBH if my current windshield cracks Iā€™d upgrade to GG and put this film over it. Probably overkill but I hate a pock marked windshield

OP
OP
goose77

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
My 18 JL was garage kept, driven only on weekends and had 8k miles when I sold it. The windshield somehow got chipped and I never drove it on the highway, go figure.

My new JL has gorilla glass and I still intend to use this. Even though with the right insurance windshield replacement it may be cheaper. But its also a hassle and the factory seal is the best seal of all in my opinion. Ill do a video on it when I get it.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Who did you get it from?