JR!

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler 2 door Sahara, 2019 rubicon unlimted, 2017 Lambo Huracan
Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone had experience with different brands of windshield protection films. I have had it installed on my car for a few years and has saved my windshield many times however thay film isn’t available anymore. http://www.braygroup.com/
Bray ecofilm was recommended anyone have experience with this?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Interesting idea, but FAQ says it only lasts 5-12 months. Nope!

OP
OP

JR!

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all depends on how u maintain the films. I have had my film on the car now for 2 years with no issues. I would use the same film if possible but the installer from 2 years ago has since moved and the dealer doesn’t have his contact info. Ugh. That was why I was asking if anyone else has experience with this or any other type of windshield films.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Have you found anything new? I have been looking and no luck. Was told there was something that the dealer could spray/wipe on.. But I think this is a BS story.

OP
OP

JR!

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am picking up my Jeep day after Xmas and I had Teak the gentlemen who did my windshield on my lambo use a diff style film. My dealer wasn’t able to do it as they didn’t have the experience with that. They however allowed my buddy to go and do it and from whay my salesman said a couple people have contacted him as well. I’m not sure but when I pick it up I can post pics ans review of this new material.
Speaking to the lambo dealer last week we had been waiting on a newer material but it hasn’t been relewased yet and I had luck with this film already on my car. Yes it isn’t driven everyday so it has lasted me a little over a year so far with not issues.

Sponsored

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How was your experience with the windshield protection film? Did it work well?

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
ClearPlex is the film being used around here. It’s $599 installed and requires monthly upkeep. Lasts 18-24 months I’m told.

I thought about using it on the Viper due to how hard it is to get replacement windshields. But at only $250 a claim, I’ll continue using insurance as long as I can.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The angle or lack of rake has something to do with impact forces but the glass itself seems really fragile compared to any other vehicle I have owned. Including a TJ and JK. The factory JL acoustic windshield is really bad. The glass seems really soft? Maybe because it's thinner acoustic glass? Mine seemed pitted from debris after a month or so. Same with the OEM Mopar replacement windshield. It seems to pit very easily from sand or whatever other debris.

I called about windshield film before. It's is not ideal for daily drivers and frequent wiper use. It does not seem very cost effective either for around $500. You can probably get a windshield for around the same or less.

Hopefully Gorilla Glass will be available soon and is a lot more durable.
Sponsored