Sponsored

Windshield protection 3 layer tear away.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Has anybody had this on in the snow? I'm curious if the defroster works any better or worse with this stuff on. Thanks.
Sponsored

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has anybody had this on in the snow? I'm curious if the defroster works any better or worse with this stuff on. Thanks.
As this is my first Jeep I'm not sure how bad the defroster gets but the new layers haven't changed how much (or little) ice builds up for me.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, any follow ups on this product? It’s been a year later and wanted to know how you guys are liking it.

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've had mine on since September. Still on the first layer. There's some light scratches from grit on the wipers but overall the view is still great.

Washed it yesterday and found two major rock impacts that definitely would have cracked the windshield.

Well worth the money.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine on since September. Still on the first layer. There's some light scratches from grit on the wipers but overall the view is still great.

Washed it yesterday and found two major rock impacts that definitely would have cracked the windshield.

Well worth the money.
Thanks for the update. Are you able to apply rainx to the film? Wanted to see if that can help prevent some wiper scratches.

Sponsored

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for the update. Are you able to apply rainx to the film? Wanted to see if that can help prevent some wiper scratches.
I hadn't tried it but I could. I don't know that it would help with the scratching for me, I get it from muddy gravel roads. It's like throwing sandpaper under the wipers!

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Hey guys, any follow ups on this product? It’s been a year later and wanted to know how you guys are liking it.
I removed the first layer just last week. It had some light scratches and a blotchy look to it - almost like a protective coating was coming off. It looked good from inside the Jeep but from the outside it looked like crap. Once I removed that first layer, it was like a brand new windshield.

Since applying it, I've taken 2 sizable rock impacts to the windshield on the highway. I can't say for sure if this film prevented a crack or chip from those impacts, but I can say there are no cracks or chips. July will be one year and I still have the original windshield.

I did apply Rain-x when I first applied the film and it didn't do much. The film has hydrophobic properties already, so I didn't see much value added.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback! It’s been helpful to gauge how durable it is and if rainx would help or hinder the film’s longevity.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback! It’s been helpful to gauge how durable it is and if rainx would help or hinder the film’s longevity.
I've found that Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine works better than Rain-X, or at least lasts longer. It is safe for polymers, too, and has UV protection. I'd think it would be worth a try. Certainly couldn't hurt anything. I do my glass with it several times a year. I also put it on decals, rubber and plastic trim, too. Never a downside.

How much do these tear-off's run?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it’s around $200. Not sure if they still have a deal but I’ll wait for an email response from racing optics. Just wanted to confirm other products won’t mess up their film’s own hydrophobic qualities.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
After reading these posts I decided to order and used the code forum at checkout and they honored it. I’m On my 3rd windshield so figured its worth the try! Thanks to the original poster and all the replies👍

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
After reading these posts I decided to order and used the code forum at checkout and they honored it. I’m On my 3rd windshield so figured its worth the try! Thanks to the original poster and all the replies👍
What is the code and how much did it save you?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
^^^^ FORUM

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads