Windshield Insurance

Interlaw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
My insurance company, GEICO, does not offer windshield insurance other than as part of Comprehensive (with a $500 deductible). Does anyone know of a reasonable windshield/glass only policy?
Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have Geico and I have windshield replacement on each one of my vehicles. I guess it's not offered in every state? I'm in AZ.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Check on lowering your deductible. I went from $1,000 to $100 for much less than I would have paid for a glass policy from the dealership.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My insurance company, GEICO, does not offer windshield insurance other than as part of Comprehensive (with a $500 deductible). Does anyone know of a reasonable windshield/glass only policy?
I just looked into this somewhat as well. It’s not a windshield policy, but to lower my comprehensive deductible from $250 to $100, it only costs about $12 a year. If my windshield needs to be replaced again in the next 12 years, it would have been worth it. Since my first windshield lasted a year, I think I will take that bet.

So, if you can’t get dedicated windshield insurance, see how much it costs to lower your comp deductible. You may be surprised at how affordable it is.

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I lowered my deductible to $100 after catching 3 rocks in my windshield in the first 6 months. I "fixed" all the chips and while waiting on the 4th rock to hit one of the previous hits spidered on me. So apparently my limit is 3 rock strikes lol.

Sponsored

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
I went to zero deductible on my comprehensive. Went through three windshields in about as many years driving in Wyoming and Montana. Third one-they raised my rates by about 50% saying I had three claims! No tickets no accidents-a claim is a claim. Cost me less is I hadn’t done that.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I had free gas coverage. Turns out if you use it, they count it is an insurance claim. I switched companies and it came up as an accident claim...

Insurance is a scam and is only good to cover you if you have a major incident. Anything else you are better paying out of pocket because they penalize you for it, raise your rates, and you end up paying it out in the long run anyway...

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
When I bought my Jeep the dealer wanted 1200 for windshield insurance after a little back and forth we got it down to $500 and 5yrs of coverage with no deductible

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
No cost windshield replacement varies state by state. In FL we don't have to pay regardless of the insurance company only thing is that you need to carry comprehensive.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing to check with insurance and having to have it covered as part of comprehensive. Some policies have a maximum that you can do per year. Ex...up to $500 worth of windshield replacement claims allowed per year. And like others said it’s still considered a claim with many companies.

Sponsored

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Progressive has an option for windshield insurance. I currently have windshield at $100 and it's come in handy twice for the JK.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I sincerely doubt that your tires are throwing rocks forward that then bounce off the road, violate the laws of physics by rapidly changing direction, and smash into your windshield. Now, you are right that they pick up lots of rocks, and you're not doing the guy behind you any favors, but no. No vehicle is throwing rocks on its own windshield.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I sincerely doubt that your tires are throwing rocks forward that then bounce off the road, violate the laws of physics by rapidly changing direction, and smash into your windshield. Now, you are right that they pick up lots of rocks, and you're not doing the guy behind you any favors, but no. No vehicle is throwing rocks on its own windshield.
Yes, I was about to say something along these lines. Now there’s no doubt that getting rocks out of your front tires can help your rear fenders stay pretty but that’s a far cry from the windshield.

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 71 Chevelle 65 mustang
I just got a clear bra installed on my hood, grill... they also put a clear film on my windshield. They compared it to the tempered glass protector you can put on a cell phone. I’ll see if it works. Myself or my wife gets a cracked windshield on our other vehicles a couple time a a year. It cost $350.
Sponsored