Window tinting?

alingo2001

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Wanting to get my windows tinted. Hard top and rear doors are factory tinted. Would you just do the front 2 to match or do everything darker?
Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
the back windows are not tinted they are just smoked glass 0 UV rating tint has a 99.9% UV a UV b resistance. so get them tinted and while you are at it ask if they do clear ceramic front window coating it will make your car 99% UV resistance and a lot cooler in the summer. here in Nevada i can limo tint my back windows because its an SUV so i did it my front are 35% and the back are 45%+ the factory smoked glass.

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the back windows are not tinted they are just smoked glass 0 UV rating tint has a 99.9% UV a UV b resistance. so get them tinted and while you are at it ask if they do clear ceramic front window coating it will make your car 99% UV resistance and a lot cooler in the summer. here in Nevada i can limo tint my back windows because its an SUV so i did it my front are 35% and the back are 45%+ the factory smoked glass.
If car glass didn’t block UV then you’d have a sun burn in 30 mins of driving in sunlight. I’ll agree that a ceramic tint will block more but the idea that car glass has 0 UV protection is wrong. Most automotive glass blocks at least 70% UV with front glass more like 95%

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
If car glass didn’t block UV then you’d have a sun burn in 30 mins of driving in sunlight. I’ll agree that a ceramic tint will block more but the idea that car glass has 0 UV protection is wrong. Most automotive glass blocks at least 70% UV with front glass more like 95%
Truth.

Tint does a minimal amount of cooling....I knew people doing research on it when I was an undergrad in Tucson. IR is what does most of the heating anyway, and no amount of tint blocks that. Tint will cut glare etc, but that's about it. If you really want to help cool your Jeep, insulation is what you need....roof liners etc.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I usually do the fronts to match the back. Looks good and does the job.

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truth.

Tint does a minimal amount of cooling....I knew people doing research on it when I was an undergrad in Tucson. IR is what does most of the heating anyway, and no amount of tint blocks that. Tint will cut glare etc, but that's about it. If you really want to help cool your Jeep, insulation is what you need....roof liners etc.
Window tint can be somewhat effective at heat reduction, particularly in the form of IR reflection. It’s not as effective at blocking heat transmission as traditional insulation but it’ll definitely make the direct sun light feel less hot.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
well i live in Nevada where an untinted car in direct sunlight can get to 140+ in the summer. with all of my windows tinted and the front with clear tint my car only gets to 120-130. so i see all of your tints don't work and raise you a thermometer.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
You are all crazy! Save the dough on tint and wear something from the Stevie Wonder Eyewear Collection.

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
well i live in Nevada where an untinted car in direct sunlight can get to 140+ in the summer. with all of my windows tinted and the front with clear tint my car only gets to 120-130. so i see all of your tints don't work and raise you a thermometer.
I'm all in with ceramic tint! My sweaty pits will tell you they definitely make a difference. If my windshield didn't crack so much, I would tint that too.

Sponsored

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had ceramic tint placed on all windows and Air80 on the windshield the day after I brought home the Jeep. I learned from my JK that it makes a huge difference.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Also, if you wear transition glasses, like me, you would know that your windows block UV and other rays because your glasses will not get darker while inside the vehicle. There is nothing getting thru the windows to activate the tint:like:

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Will be getting my JLUR tinted as soon as it arrives. Will be going with ceramic all the way around (front windshield included). Will be as dark as I can go and still be legal. Fronts will be done at 30% and the backs will have minimal ceramic tint so they match the front as close as possible (will be slightly darker in the back). Ceramic makes a huge difference especially with the Texas heat.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Wanting to get my windows tinted. Hard top and rear doors are factory tinted. Would you just do the front 2 to match or do everything darker?
I tinted everything and did it limo tint as they call it. The front two appear slightly lighter as there was no tint from the factory.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
A few years ago I found a shop in Raleigh that did window tinting and wraps. They have a display thing with one of those heat lamps like you find on the kill yourself with food buffet's. They have a disc that shows the various products and you can rotate them in front of the lamp, there IS a difference in products. I had a Honda Civic done in 2014, then a Pilot (wife's new toy) this year. Ya'll know how Honda is like a greenhouse and both times, the amount of heat in the vehicles were significately less. No, I don't have before and after temperture readings, just going by feel. We did my daughter's Jeep and it looks great, plus is cooler inside even down here in the sweaty south.
Sponsored