Sponsored

Window Sticker is not complete or they forgot to add/install all the ordered options?

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
A case, I approach my jeep with a fob/key in my pocket. Some bad guy comes to me, pushes me from the jeep, pulls on the handle -- the door is open. Maybe he would not be able to drive since the key must be inside the car but there is a bigger chance for a bad guy to open your car when you have the remote proximity keyless entry feature.
And I am accustomed, when I am leaving a car, to push the button and pull the handle to check if it got really locked. When I am just leaving a car relying on automatic locking who knows if it really got locked. For example, if I closed the door but not tight enough.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
When I am just leaving a car relying on automatic locking who knows if it really got locked. For example, if I closed the door but not tight enough.
As stated before, the vehicle won't automatically lock. You have to press a button on the door handle. You can hear the locks operate and see a red light start flashing on the dash. If you want to pull on the handle to check the locks you ordered the wrong option.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
As stated before, the vehicle won't automatically lock. You have to press a button on the door handle. You can hear the locks operate and see a red light start flashing on the dash. If you want to pull on the handle to check the locks you ordered the wrong option.
First, I got it and I love it!!!
It looks like everything is there. There are couple things I am not capable to inspect like "110-MPH Vehicle Max Speed Calibration" or "4.56 Rear Axle Ratio". If you know how to inspect it, you are more than welcome to suggest!

Second, I managed to pull the handle by the rim after I lock the doors -- so I can check if it's locked or not without getting it unlocked. Just don't put your hand through the handle, just use your thumb and forefinger and pull by the edges of the handle. Haha!

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
First, I got it and I love it!!!
It looks like everything is there. There are couple things I am not capable to inspect like "110-MPH Vehicle Max Speed Calibration" or "4.56 Rear Axle Ratio". If you know how to inspect it, you are more than welcome to suggest!

Second, I managed to pull the handle by the rim after I lock the doors -- so I can check if it's locked or not without getting it unlocked. Just don't put your hand through the handle, just use your thumb and forefinger and pull by the edges of the handle. Haha!
I remember reading in the owner manual that the remote proximity unlock has a 2 second cooldown after you press lock the Jeep with the button on the door handle so you pull on the handles to check if it’s really locked.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I remember reading in the owner manual that the remote proximity unlock has a 2 second cooldown after you press lock the Jeep with the button on the door handle so you pull on the handles to check if it’s really locked.
Wow. Even cooler. I will try it. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Tried. Confirm. It works this way!
Thank you one more time!

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I saw my build sheet today and had proximity locks....I told dealer at time of order I didn't want it. Well I guess I have it now...Im not paying for something I didn't want....

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I found this option in the menu. Passive Entry under Doors & Locks section in Settings. It switches Remote Proximity Keyless Entry totally off. So to lock/unlock your doors you will have to use your key/fob. It is great!

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Sticker is not complete or they forgot to add/install all the ordered options? 1639068353067
Sponsored