Sponsored

Window Sticker is not complete or they forgot to add/install all the ordered options?

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
You’re seriously overthinking all the small minor details. All your options you wanted will be there in your Jeep once you get it. Anything deleted due to supply chain issue will most likely be brought to your attention by the dealer when you receive the Jeep and you’ll be credited back accordingly.
Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
M220 and M210 are the Dana modern designations for the Dana 44. Dana 44 is the well known "colloquial" designation. (Dana is a big manufacturer of axles and frame parts)

220 and 210 are the ring diameter measured in MM.

"Wide" is the increased width of the Rubicon axles vs. standard non-rubicon. You could look up the exact difference but it's in the neighborhood of 1.5" This allows Rubicons to more easily run wider tires and install suspension lifts with less trouble.

"HD Tube" is the XR upgrade. This is why you have the increased GVWR - sturdier front axle, with steel knuckles.
Thank you so much for your clarification Bullwinkle!

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
You’re seriously overthinking all the small minor details. All your options you wanted will be there in your Jeep once you get it. Anything deleted due to supply chain issue will most likely be brought to your attention by the dealer when you receive the Jeep and you’ll be credited back accordingly.
Thank you!
I hope so!

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Well, yes, it does mean that.

The build sheet is a simplification designed to be read by humans. In general, if you get the Tow package you get the upgraded alternator. So that's what's listed on the build sheet. But the alternator is replaced by the eTorque motor on eTorque versions.

There's a more sophisticated and complete digital build parts list that feeds into the information the workers and robots on the assembly line use to pull and install parts. It would run to hundreds of pages if you printed it out, and since it would be mostly part numbers, you wouldn't understand it anyway. I wouldn't, anyway.
Did not get that point about an alternator and eTorque engine.
So does it mean that eTorque has its own (internal/built-in?) alternator and for a regular engine an alternator goes as a separate unit?

An alternator is a generator that produces an alternating current. Where is an alternating current used in a car and for what?

How many amperes does that eTorque built-in alternator produce an alternating current at?

Update.
Ok. Read about car alternators. It's actually a direct generator of AC from the mechanical energy which then gets converted into DC by an rectifier. So it looks like AC is not used in a car anywhere, DC is used everywhere?

But anyway. The point of eTorque and alternator is not clear to me. And what amperage is generated by eTorque itself?

And another question. Is there any way how I could determine if there is a 240-amp alternator or just a regular one?

Last edited:
OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
When you are driving the car and you are inside it, Proximity lock is disabled. This is just how it works on all vehicles, and isn't Jeep specific.
No, when I am outside. In some situations I would prefer to explicitly push buttons on the remote to lock/unlock the car -- more safety, less convenience.

In some other situations I would benefit from the convenience of "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry" feature -- it would automatically lock/unlock the car when I am leaving/approaching the car -- more convenience, less safety.

Maybe there are some settings in the car menu to turn this feature itself on/off?

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
No, when I am outside. In some situations I would prefer to explicitly push buttons on the remote to lock/unlock the car -- more safety, less convenience.

In some other situations I would benefit from the convenience of "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry" feature -- it would automatically lock/unlock the car when I am leaving/approaching the car -- more convenience, less safety.

Maybe there are some settings in the car menu to turn this feature itself on/off?
I don't think you understand how the remote proximity keyless entry works on the Wrangler. It doesn't automatically lock/unlock the car. If the fob is detected within close radius, it unlocks when you pull on the handle and locks when you push the little button on the handle. You can use the buttons on the remote whenever you wish. There are also some settings you can adjust such as using the drivers handle to unlock all the doors at once or just the drivers.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
How did you get that very detailed window sticker? All I got was something that looks like a list.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I don't think you understand how the remote proximity keyless entry works on the Wrangler. It doesn't automatically lock/unlock the car. If the fob is detected within close radius, it unlocks when you pull on the handle and locks when you push the little button on the handle. You can use the buttons on the remote whenever you wish. There are also some settings you can adjust such as using the drivers handle to unlock all the doors at once or just the drivers.
A case, I approach my jeep with a fob/key in my pocket. Some bad guy comes to me, pushes me from the jeep, pulls on the handle -- the door is open. Maybe he would not be able to drive since the key must be inside the car but there is a bigger chance for a bad guy to open your car when you have the remote proximity keyless entry feature.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Some bad guy comes to me, pushes me from the jeep, pulls on the handle -- the door is open.
If you're walking up to your jeep to get in it and have gotten as far as reaching for the door to open it, you're going to have already unlocked it one way or another. I also can't imagine there's a long list of bad guys out there willing to assault someone getting into their jeep with proximity entry but unwilling to just take the key from someone that didn't have proximity entry is particularly long.

It sounds to me like you're hyperfocusing on a corner case that doesn't exist.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
A case, I approach my jeep with a fob/key in my pocket. Some bad guy comes to me, pushes me from the jeep, pulls on the handle -- the door is open. Maybe he would not be able to drive since the key must be inside the car but there is a bigger chance for a bad guy to open your car when you have the remote proximity keyless entry feature.
It's more dangerous when you are holding your fob and paying attention to that when the "bad guy" comes. You'll be more safe having it in your pocket.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
If you're walking up to your jeep to get in it and have gotten as far as reaching for the door to open it, you're going to have already unlocked it one way or another. I also can't imagine there's a long list of bad guys out there willing to assault someone getting into their jeep with proximity entry but unwilling to just take the key from someone that didn't have proximity entry is particularly long.

It sounds to me like you're hyperfocusing on a corner case that doesn't exist.
I was just thinking this when I read the proposed scenario. I would also say if someone is good pushing you down to get your vehicle, if they can't immediately get in it I think they would be good coming after you to get access.
Sponsored