Wind noise - Jeep is looking into this

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
I had three items to take my jeep in for (garage door opener not working, possible tranny issue and wind noise). The wind noise apparently set off some alarms with Chrysler somewhere somehow. Dealer called me back and said that they were contacted based on the information they put in their system and today are having some kind of conference call with one (or more?) high level techs. Apparently this complaint is being followed and investigated.
Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I had three items to take my jeep in for (garage door opener not working, possible tranny issue and wind noise). The wind noise apparently set off some alarms with Chrysler somewhere somehow. Dealer called me back and said that they were contacted based on the information they put in their system and today are having some kind of conference call with one (or more?) high level techs. Apparently this complaint is being followed and investigated.
Tell them panel alignment is a widespread issue as illustrated by the massive thread. Easy fix is to pay attention when assembling the car. :facepalm:

OP
OP

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
Spoke to the service manager a bit ago. They took the wind noise seriously and spent time going over my Jeep. Nice guys at least. Bottom line.. I don't need adjustments according to the dealer and whomever the dealer spoke with. The noise is there and its not going away and is normal. Final step is for me to drive another jeep on the lot and compare. They apparently have done this and is the same. I guess if I drive around town at 30 mph with the radio on I wont hear it. I spend most time on the highway at 75 though and hear it loud and clear. Note though I don't have a high pitched screech/whistle. Its just LOUD. Buyer beware...

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@james@15

Curious, did you own a Wrangler JK previously? What was your last daily driver?

OP
OP

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
First Jeep. Had a pathfinder. Wind noise seems loudest in the back seat right side window area.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
My first JL had wind noise that was unacceptable(40mph and up) until I made some adjustments, then it became somewhat tolerable.
The Rubicon I just purchased was 470 miles away and it was very quiet on the trip home.
Highway speeds (70-80)for about 450 of those miles and no excessive noise.
Some of these are mostly quiet(for a Wrangler), the ones that are excessively noisy can be fixed or at least a reduction to an acceptable limit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
The squealing noise.. its that from your jeep or the recording is piss poor? I don't have that. What speed is the noise taken at? I am going to pick up my jeep Friday and will ask who my dealer spoke with and pass that on here, if they will give it to me.

Lauren3432

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
This is my issue. Horrible air leak coming through or around windshield. @JeepCares dealer can’t figure it out.

My new JL Sahara does this too! Coming from the windshield area and is the exact same noise, but even louder at speeds over 65mph. Did your dealer seem like they were going to do anything about it or keep trying to figure it out?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
This is my issue. Horrible air leak coming through or around windshield. @JeepCares dealer can’t figure it out.

Had a similar noise as this, on my one Son's JK, after a windshield replacement at Safelite. Turned out the tech did not get the adhesive all the way around the windshield as he should have when he did the install. Safelite had to redo the install and then it was aok.

Lauren3432

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
My first JL had wind noise that was unacceptable(40mph and up) until I made some adjustments, then it became somewhat tolerable.
The Rubicon I just purchased was 470 miles away and it was very quiet on the trip home.
Highway speeds (70-80)for about 450 of those miles and no excessive noise.
Some of these are mostly quiet(for a Wrangler), the ones that are excessively noisy can be fixed or at least a reduction to an acceptable limit.
What kind of adjustments did you make?
Sponsored