Wind noise - Jeep is looking into this

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Just got back from my dealership, they have essentially refused to fix the issue. Iv done most of the work for them as far as narrowing it down and they said "sorry if already heard the wind noise, it's normal." I guess I'll have to spend my own money and time on fixing this issue. Unfortunately.
Sorry to Hear.....That's just Not Right...
Sponsored

MR.AMR

First Name
Ammar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon crystal granite
i have tried all methods mentioned in this thread, nothing so far, only thing i figured out that the freedom top seals requires a good sealing. i have 2012 2dr JK and it's way way better than my 2019 JLU Rubi.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
So today I lowered my windshield to try to fix wind noise around the passenger A pillar. I inspected the seals and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary (to my limited knowledge) and the next time I got back on the highway, I have whistling from BOTH sides now :headbang:

Next step is to buy some rubber seal lubricant and hope that helps.

Mr_Cras

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK/ 2018 4dr JL.
So today I lowered my windshield to try to fix wind noise around the passenger A pillar. I inspected the seals and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary (to my limited knowledge) and the next time I got back on the highway, I have whistling from BOTH sides now :headbang:

Next step is to buy some rubber seal lubricant and hope that helps.
I'm pretty much right there with you man, I'm going to give everything another look this next week. I have my wind noise on the passenger side as well. I'll report anything that helps my case.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Lubing the rubber seals worked! No more whistling sound.

Was 25F outside today, but couldn't stand this whistling sound anymore!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Last edited:

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
I've been struggling with this issue as well. Piercing loud wind noise that was hurting my ears, and preventing me from having any kind of conversation at all with my kids in the back seat while on the highway.

I tried all of the suggestions in this thread, such as taping along windshield, adjusting windshield, inspecting seals behind windshield, aligning freedom panels, etc. None of that helped.

In my case it turned out to be the little triangular plastic pieces next to the side mirrors. I put tape over the gaps around the edges and it was as quiet as a Mercedes Benz after that. Even my wife commented on how much quieter it was.

Sc2iiQe.jpg

Looks like wind is hitting that side mirror and being pushed into the gaps behind those little plastic triangles, and behind that triangle is a bunch of huge holes that let air rush into the door near the A-pillar.

I ended up putting silicon under it to seal it, and it worked great. Try it out!

AxrWDGJ.jpg
I know this is an older post, but I am having a similar issue with my 2020 Sport S. Does this plastic piece next to the mirrors come of with a plastic pry tool? I do not want to make matters worse by breaking something.
Sponsored