First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I see that Gobi has made a nice roof rack for the JL's with Sky One touch. This looks like a great addition. Does anyone have one installed, and if so, is there much increase in wind noise? I wouldnt want to spend $2k only to find out that the noise is obnoxious.

Its pricey, but would be a nice utiilty adddition for trips to Home Depot. Its the only reason I miss my F250 superduty, is the lack of carrying capacity for 4 x 8 sheets and other lumber for projects. and yes i do have a small utility trailer, but its not quite the same as just being able to load your purchases on.
Sponsored

Texcal

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I have one I just installed a few months ago. It's not the Sky One version but the noise was actually a bit quieter than without the rack. I got the multi-light version and it came with a wind deflector for the front edge. That all went out the door once I installed my rooftop tent. Now it sounds like i'm in a wind tunnel.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I have one I just installed a few months ago. It's not the Sky One version but the noise was actually a bit quieter than without the rack. I got the multi-light version and it came with a wind deflector for the front edge. That all went out the door once I installed my rooftop tent. Now it sounds like i'm in a wind tunnel.

same here... soon as I load anything on my rack I.e. kayak then it really gets noisy >65mpg in a soft top.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My maximus 3 mounted rhino rack is pretty much silent compared with pre-installation.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hi. bumping this thread. I'm interested in the Gobi for my 2018 hard top. I'm hopeful that someone here has installed one in the 4 years since the last post, and can comment on the wind noise and any other pros/cons.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

OP
OP
Mrjimmystewart

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Great rack, definitely noisier than without. Also a 2 to 3 mpg penalty. Since I don’t use the rack a lot, for my new jeep I’m going with removable bars/rack system for when I want to carry things that won’t fit inside.
Sponsored