Sponsored

Wind / Air Draft or stream from front dash speakers?

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
It is winter, it is cold , heater is on most of the time but when the temp regulates or becomes a bit hot i turn off the heat then in about 2 minutes the cabin starts getting cold and i never thought of it ,blamed it on the Cold weather then i noticed a wind / air draft coming from the bottom corner of the front dash where the speakers are , mimic feels like the AC is on flowing just from that place.

It is very noticeable. I checked the corners and there is a slight hole / gap just at the outer edges of the speakers where they meet the pillars on the sides and the windshield at the front.That triangular area when driving feels like a constant stream of airflow coming out!

Is this normal?? I get this is a car that you can take apart and has 100's of seals etc but it feels like a significant amount of airstream to be normal that the cabin gets cold in a matter of minutes.Just under where the VIN small plate is.

I assume in summer its gonna be the same blowing in whatever air the outside is.

There are two small finger sized gaps between the speakers and the pillars where i stuck my finger in but it looked like empty space and seemed like i can pop out the speaker grill if i pulled hard enough.

Should there be some sort of foam or seal under there?

Any help would be appreciated before i have to take this to the dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boogey

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Bump!

Anyone care to check to see if they can replicate or have the same issue?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If this is the drivers side, there is a plastic plug on the automatic vehicles firewall. Looking under the hood you can check to see if it is intact. It covers a hole that is about 1" that could cause your draft.

OP
OP
Boogey

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
If this is the drivers side, there is a plastic plug on the automatic vehicles firewall. Looking under the hood you can check to see if it is intact. It covers a hole that is about 1" that could cause your draft.
Iā€™ll check that but this is on both sides Driver and passenger Iā€™ll try to take pics.

omenlabs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still working on my first Jeep
I saw a picture in a long thread about wind buffeting/leaks where a wiring harness was interfering with the window seal. It was right above the speaker. Might be worth dropping the window to check.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boogey

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I saw a picture in a long thread about wind buffeting/leaks where a wiring harness was interfering with the window seal. It was right above the speaker. Might be worth dropping the window to check.
I'll do that as well once the weather clears up a bit.it is driving me crazy, it seems somehow that the rubber seal between the dash and the windshiled is kind of ...Short and doesnt cover the full width from the driver to passenger speaker, sort of like ends a few inches before, again ill take some pics to see if this is normal

Thanks

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Bump!

Anyone care to check to see if they can replicate or have the same issue?
Has this concern been resolved at this time? If you still require assistance, please send us a private message. We'd be happy to discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
Boogey

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Has this concern been resolved at this time? If you still require assistance, please send us a private message. We'd be happy to discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hello Kate, thanks for checking.Yes this issue is still there, the weather is not helping to try to remove the windshield and check for gaps.I will DM you with some pictures to check and see if the seals are uniform or the way they should be.

Thanks

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello Kate, thanks for checking.Yes this issue is still there, the weather is not helping to try to remove the windshield and check for gaps.I will DM you with some pictures to check and see if the seals are uniform or the way they should be.

Thanks
We will keep an eye out for your message. It should be noted, our team is not comprised of trained technicians so we will be unable to diagnose your concern via this platform. However, we can definitely discuss next steps for repair.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
Boogey

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Here are some pics for anyone who is interested. In the last tow pics i noticed something on the welding that i cant make out. The firewall seems to be blocked from the engine side .

IMG_2664AF.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boogey

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Any updates on this? My 2018 Jlu rubicon has this exact same issue.
Unfortunately i just ignored it and i had sold my Jeep .The cabin in the Jeep does not retain or preserve the temperature.So in cold environments if you turn off the heat you would feel the cold in a few minutes.....

if you do find a solution please post back , i need closure!
Sponsored