Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Six weeks ago, after months of going back and forth, I decided to get a winch.

I settled on the Quadratec Stealth 10,000 lb winch with synthetic rope. I asked @Quadratec to spec me out what it would take to mount their offset winch on a Mopar steel bumper. The winch was on backorder until Dec 1st. No biggies, I can wait six weeks.

Meanwhile, I went ahead and got the Mopar steel bumper, the offset winch plate, and the hawse adapter, from BAM Wholesale, who is a Mopar dealer.

I received and mounted the Mopar bumper. The winch plate is sitting in the garage waiting for the winch to arrive.

Today is Dec 1st: just checked the Quadratec website and it now says the damn winch won’t be available until April 2nd —yes, 2021! That’ll be six MONTHS since I first placed my order. WTF?

I have to admit buying from Quadratec is starting to lose its fun.

Now I’m stuck. The only other winch I was considering was the Smittybilt X2O, but it is not offset. And I don’t want to pay thousands of dollars for a Warn winch; besides, their offset winches are ridiculously priced.

I could try to return the offset winch plate and adapter to BAM Wholesale but that sounds like a complete pain. Besides, I’m sure they will charge me return shipping + a restocking fee.

Is there another offset winch out there you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Backordered until April 2nd!
Jeep Wrangler JL Winches, winches 1606858635607
Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Was literally looking at that winch today in their catalog.

the Warn Evo 10k is $50 less with steel cable, or $150 more with synthetic...

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Warn VR when it first came out a few years back. The bolts that secure the solenoid started to rust out after only six weeks! They took it right back.

Is the Smittybilt X2O offset? Looks like it might be...a little.

I had sent Quadratec a PM. Whenever they reply, I’ll ask if I can reuse the winch plate they prescribed for the Quadratec winch to mount this winch instead.

Jeep Wrangler JL Winches, winches 1606862601020

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I have the Stealth and it’s been great but there’s a recall on them right now. Kind of pissed off about it. They want us to return it and wait 60-90 days to have it fixed and sent back . It’s winter in Colorado and will need it can’t wait 60-90.

Sponsored

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
I just got my Warn VR 10 yesterday, waiting on my LOD bumper, hopefully all goes well. I’m using an Aux switch and the Warn relay kit.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Six weeks ago, after months of going back and forth, I decided to get a winch.

I settled on the Quadratec Stealth 10,000 lb winch with synthetic rope. I asked @Quadratec to spec me out what it would take to mount their offset winch on a Mopar steel bumper. The winch was on backorder until Dec 1st. No biggies, I can wait six weeks.

Meanwhile, I went ahead and got the Mopar steel bumper, the offset winch plate, and the hawse adapter, from BAM Wholesale, who is a Mopar dealer.

I received and mounted the Mopar bumper. The winch plate is sitting in the garage waiting for the winch to arrive.

Today is Dec 1st: just checked the Quadratec website and it now says the damn winch won’t be available until April 2nd —yes, 2021! That’ll be six MONTHS since I first placed my order. WTF?

I have to admit buying from Quadratec is starting to lose its fun.

Now I’m stuck. The only other winch I was considering was the Smittybilt X2O, but it is not offset. And I don’t want to pay thousands of dollars for a Warn winch; besides, their offset winches are ridiculously priced.

I could try to return the offset winch plate and adapter to BAM Wholesale but that sounds like a complete pain. Besides, I’m sure they will charge me return shipping + a restocking fee.

Is there another offset winch out there you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Backordered until April 2nd!
1606858635607.jpeg
Like Mark said, the delay is likely due to recall. The reason it’s so far out is because the recall states we will be notified when the recall part is available, and that’s up to 90 days , It’s not all their winches, just certain model numbers.

Mine unfortunately falls in the recall. :(..... I’m installing a relay and wiring to my aux switch so I can cut power till I need to use it. I’m not having any problems with mine, and I’ve used it over a dozen times this past year.

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I just got my Warn VR 10 yesterday, waiting on my LOD bumper, hopefully all goes well. I’m using an Aux switch and the Warn relay kit.
Tell me more about hooking it up to the Aux switch - how that works and what it gets you. I asked a vendor today that question and they weren't helpful. Thanks.

Was looking at the Smitty XRC Gen3.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
@dalema ,

A winch interrupt kit is a high current relay that goes between the battery and winch. This way the winch is only energized when the relay is engaged.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@dalema ,

A winch interrupt kit is a high current relay that goes between the battery and winch. This way the winch is only energized when the relay is engaged.
Just adding to this to clarify that you then connect this to the aux button, which energizes the relay only when you push the aux button.

It works great and many view it as a safety feature. For example, if you rear ended somebody, it’s better to not have live wires up there. Could cause a fire or something in the right conditions.

Reactions: GtX

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Just adding to this to clarify that you then connect this to the aux button, which energizes the relay only when you push the aux button.

It works great and many view it as a safety feature. For example, if you rear ended somebody, it’s better to not have live wires up there. Could cause a fire or something in the right conditions.
You can also go with a manual switch to accomplish the same. Battery disconnect switches commonly found on boats are an option.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I asked Quadratec for an update on my winch order FOUR days ago; still no response. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I am still waiting for a refund on an item returned ten days ago.

Last month I bought a sticker and they send me a JK grab handle instead.

Quadratec has become 4 Wheel Parts.

I am not impressed.

I am cancelling this order and trying my luck elsewhere.

Yesterday I received their Christmas catalog in the mail. It went straight in the trash.
Sponsored